1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cadbury's Chocolate?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by mamanana, Feb 6, 2016.

1. mamanana

mamanana New Member

So I have something of an addiction to Cadbury's chocolate :rolleyes: and will definitely be taking some with me to feed my craving. I just wondered whether it's sold in India, and if so how widely? I can't face the prospect of running out but don't want to weigh down my luggage by filling it to the brim with heavy chocolate bars!

katiejean990 likes this.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I didn't even know it was available in India! I guess I always thought it was only sold commonly in the UK and Australia! I've seen it occasionally here in the States - it is super addictive!

3. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

The whole range of Cadbury chocolates are available in India. Nestle India manufacture Cadbury chocolates in India. Cadbury chocolates is #1 chocolate brand in India. You can find Cadbury chocolates every where. However, I am not sure whether Indian Cadbury chocolates taste same as UK Cadbury chocolates.

amelia88 likes this.
  4. Salman

Salman New Member

The latest Cadbury's are available in India and perhaps are even more delicious because there are so many competing sweet dishes available in India. I have a sweet tooth too and eat a Cadbury chocolate almost every day.

5. Bayleaf

Bayleaf New Member

I was going to say I was sure it would be available due to the historical connections to England, but I was beaten to it! I've had Cadbury's from different countries before, and it usually did taste different. Not bad, just different.

6. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Do you know if Cadbury's in India have any unique varieties that are only sold there? For instance, when I was in Australia I loved these little caramel koala shaped chocolates that Cadbury made! I'd love to know if there was something unique that I could get for friends and family as a fun souvenir!

7. Cookie

Cookie Member

That's so interesting - it had never occurred to me that a brand would have different variations when it was sold in other countries, I assumed it would just be the same things we could buy here.

8. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

They have Cadbury Bourn Vita in India which is a malted drink, available in caramel and chocolate flavour. Then they also have Cadbury Silk which is a premium chocolate variant known for its melt in your tongue texture. I also know they have Cadbury Gems which are candies filled with chocolate inside.

amelia88 likes this.
  9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I did not see any Cadbury specialties when I was over there but I would think that it would be a welcome sight for Westerners if they were to travel to India. They did have a lot of chocolate drinks over there and some flavored teas, so it would make sense that they would have some that feature some prominent brands, and I am willing to bet that they are all delicious and refreshing.

10. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Neat! Those varieties are things I haven't seen before in my travels to other places that sell Cadbury's items! I'll have to keep my eyes open for these on my vacation!

11. Andy_Lothbrok

Andy_Lothbrok New Member

I remember buying a Cadbury 'Choclair Rich Brownie' bag. They are little chocolates with a delicious centre... Amazing and I haven't seen them anywhere else since! Definitely buy a bag once you are there and send me a bag too!

12. lucy2017

lucy2017 New Member

So glad you posted that question because it's definitely an addiction I have too! If it wasn't sold I'd have to fill half my suitcase with it;)

13. gerbera

gerbera New Member

I know different countries have some of the same brands we do but they say the taste is always different than the American version. Has anyone tried any of the chocolate to let us know if that is true?

14. Elizabetonth

Elizabetonth Member

They do indeed sell Cadbury's chocolate in India, and widely. It definitely tastes different from the UK Cadbury's, and both taste different from the US Cadbury's. Therefore, if you ABSOLUTELY have to have the one you're used to, you might have to weigh yourself down, but hopefully the difference won't be that great, and you can sample Cadbury's around the world. :) That is a blog I'd love to read.

15. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Does India have much of native chocolate production? I am aware of plantations in Africa, and a few here in South America, but do not know if it is grown in India. I am sure there are some areas which might support plantations, but do not know. Indian chocolate would be interesting to try.

16. jim bailey

jim bailey New Member

the best anti-depressent:D

17. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

This is so nice to hear. In Serbia we don't have it or at least I never managed to find it. I haven't look in Belgrade since I haven't been there lately but in my city I never so one purple non-milka wrapping. It is sad because I also have a sweet tooth when it comes to those. I used to eat them a lot while on Malta. India is a big market and since the British Raj it is normal that these U.K products are available there.

18. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Cadbury chocolate is definitely sold in a lot of countries now. It does sometimes taste different depending on the location, just because different countries have different restrictions on ingredients. You'll definitely be able to find it in India, especially in areas with a lot of shops.

19. Geena

Geena New Member

I can also confirm that they DO have Cadbury's chocolate in India :)

They sure are amazing and what a relief it was to see them there. As you can tell, I'm quite a big fan as well. Especially those roasted almond ones. They're magic!

20. juno

juno New Member

Cadbury Chocolates is sold in India, however it may cost you double what you pay in the UK or the US. You will be able to find it areas where they have malls and higher end shops. I believe in India they get the version of Cadbury that is actually made in UK. In the US they have their own manufacturers and it tastes different. British Cadbury is the best!

21. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Maybe in the bigger malls, but what's the point of going to a foreign land if you're gonna eat the same stuff? :D Make sure to enjoy the local cuisines, their snacks, their drink concoctions, their deserts! Come one! Live a little, get out of your comfort zone and try something new!

Elizabetonth and pwarbi like this.
  22. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I was just about to share the same sentiments. Just because Cadbury's chocolate is available in India, doesn't necessarily mean to say that you have to buy it.

I'm sure there is other local produce that will taste just as good, and even if you try it and don't like it as much as Cadbury, then at least you've given it a go.

23. Norjak71

Norjak71 New Member

From my understanding yes they do have it. One thing you need to keep in mind though is it might not taste the same as you are used to where you are from. A lot of places will produce their own there instead of from a mass-produced company on the ingredients might be slightly different. You can bring your own just make sure you're abiding by the travel rules on what you can/can't bring into the country, then you can compare for yourself.

24. Elaine Lat

Elaine Lat Member

Of course there will be Cadbury chocolates there in India too! As a developing country like my own, imported chocolates of various brands will be there as well so that foreigners won't be missing their favorites while vacationing in another country. I have a rather soft spot for Nutella and I won't be surprised if they have that as well. Globalization is such a wonderful thing, no?

25. Danny Luke

Danny Luke Member

I don't see any reasons why Cadbury chocolates shouldn't be available in India. Cadbury is one of the most famous chocolate brands in the world so they are literally everywhere.

26. Linda Nyabundi

Linda Nyabundi New Member

Yes they are available in India. In fact it is the number one chocolate brand there. Cadbury chocolate is manufactured by Nestle India and therefore available in plenty. You can just carry a few to sort you out during the flight to India and may be a few hours after landing but you can totally get more form supermarkets in India.

27. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Dark Chocolate is a rage these days and Cadbury Bournville Dark Chocolate is relaunched in India. The milk chocolate that you get here is not the same taste wise. I had occasion to taste Cadbury Milk Chocolate made in New Zealand and I noticed the difference perhaps the milk that is available there is better.