1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camel Safari -- Bikaner

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Annette, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Annette

Annette Member

I was reading up about adventurous things you can do in India and came across a list that included camel safaris! How cool is that? I've put it on my to-do list because that's one thing you can do in India that you just can't do here in the states. I've been on a horse once but never a camel!

2. Tabitha

Tabitha New Member

That sounds like it would be a fun thing to do and you're right that you certainly wouldn't do it in the US. I don't suppose it would feel like riding a horse, probably a little more swaying.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I've ridden a camel before, but only for the space of a few minutes! A camel safari definitely sounds like one of those amazing life experiences and certainly a unique thing to do on a vacation! Is there a particular company these are operated through? I'd love to get a company name or something so I can look into it a bit more (costs, location and all that kind of stuff!)

4. Dune Dude

Dune Dude New Member

I sort of took it as a matter of fact that there were camel safaris in India. Wherever there are deserts, there are camels, right?

5. Annette

Annette Member

I didn't see a specific company when last I looked into it but I plan to delve a bit further and update as soon as possible. :) I was looking on a site that helps you plan vacations.

6. Shaka

Shaka New Member

I have always dreamed of riding a camel. I think this would be a lot of fun. I was thinking of finding a place when I am there that did a day adventure on camel. I think this would be the highlight of my trip and something that I would or could talk about forever.

7. Dakota

Dakota New Member

When I travel I like to do something different and interesting. I like to experience adventure and this sound like a great adventure. I'll have to look into this and see where they offer camel safari. Thanks for the great idea.

8. swalia

swalia Guest

Riding a camel is too much fun. It's quite different experience from riding a horse. Camel safaris in Bikaner and Jaisalmer are an awesome experience. Riding the camel in the vast expanse of desert is a lifetime experience.

9. M.Nayak

M.Nayak Member

If you have planned to visit Jaisalmer then definitely is the place for camel ride instead of Bikaner but if you are only going to Bikaner then it's OK to have camel ride there.If you are going to Rajasthan then Jaisalmer is must see place,known for one of the best fort,different from any other forts in India or world,because is the only biggest and oldest living fort,(Have been living fort since 1156 A.D.).
    There are many travel companies for it,like Adventure of Thar is one among many others.But you may contact me also to discuss about the duration of the ride you are looking for,camel companies are good as per the duration of the ride.
    Please feel free to contact me for any single detail.
    Thanks
    M.Nayak

10. Danny Luke

Danny Luke Member

Joining a camel safari is definitely an adventure worth trying out when you visit India for vacation. There are a lot of travel agencies that include camel safaris in their tour packages. A lot of these are usually for tourists going to the northern regions of India. If you really want to go on a camel safari, you should verify with the travel agency you are dealing with if they can include you in a tour that includes such a safari.

11. pavilion

pavilion New Member

It ought to be really fascinating to ride a camel across teh harsh terrain of a desert. Take into account that a camel is an extremely tall animal though and the locals generally throw a few makeshift blankets across, all tied down with a single rope strap instead of a fancy saddle.
    Also there are cases that tourist fell off a startled camel and got injured, when the animal spots an snake nearby or hear a loud sound. Probably is convenient to go for a camel trip during colder season where snakes are less likely to be found.

12. Kristin Perry

Kristin Perry New Member

I love to travel and also want to do something different and interesting. I am excited to do a camel ride in Rajasthan.

13. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana New Member

A Camel Safari would be an amazing experience. Although, I agree that this may be better suited to me during the colder months. I don't like the idea of my camel being startled by a snake, and I think my own reaction to snakes may surpass the camel's.

14. Trevlr

Trevlr New Member

I have never travelled on a camel and I think that can be really enjoyable. I attended a camel derby in Kenya and it was fun watching how participants had to compete. I can avoid riding on a camel if I can't withstand the hot desert weather. I hope to ride on a camel one day.

15. calicer1996

calicer1996 New Member

Aaahhh! The memories. I went on a trip to Bikaner with my college. Like, official college trip. It was amazing. Camel riding was the best part of it. I feel lucky to have ridden that camel, now that I am seeing so many people who have this on their to-do list! It's a really enjoyable experience. The glide on the sand!