1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Use Airtel Sim in USA

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Sim, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Sim

Sim New Member

I am going back home to the USA, and while I was in India I was using an Airtel sim card and was wondering can I use Airtel sim in USA?

It would be easier for my relatives to make calls on the same number while in the USA, along as the charges would not be too high receiving the call. I would require information about roaming charges for receiving calls and whether the sim would work in the USA or not.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes, you can use your Airtel sim in the USA as well. Of course, there would be some charges when you make calls or send texts. Here's a list of the supposed charges for prepaid plans:

• Voice calls to India cost Rs 30 per minute
    • Incoming calls prices range from Rs 30 to Rs 90 depending on the network operator
    • Outgoing SMS costs Rs 25 per one message consisting of 160 characters
    For postpaid plans:
    • For the US, a rental plan of Rs 4,999 is available. Incoming calls are free to receive in this plan. You have 399 minutes of free call back to India. In addition to that, you have 3 GB of free data as well.
    I hope this helps!