1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airtel Sim Card In Usa

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Aehem, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Aehem

Aehem New Member

I am currently using an Airtel sim card and will be going to the USA at the beginning of May. I would like to know whether I can use my airtel sim card in the USA, and exactly what kind of charges I would incur when making or receiving a call. I would also like to know about data usage.

Some time back I did hear about Airtel launching international sim cards, what exactly is this and how does it work.

What works out to be better using the sim card on roaming or the international sim card?

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

For using an Airtel sim card in the USA the charges are as follows:

Local Call: Rs30 per minute
    Calling India: Rs30 per minute
    Incoming Call Charges: Either Rs30 or Rs90 per minute (depending on which operator you use)
    SMS: Rs25 per SMS
    GPRS: Rs6.50 per 10kb

The Airtel international sim card allows the customer, to retain their India number and calls made on the same number are forwarded to the international sim card. The calls on the international sim card cost very less as compared to roaming charges.

There is no information on international sim card charges. You would need to call Airtel customer service for that.

Regarding which works out to be better, well I think after finding out the costs of the international sim card, only then it would be wise to suggest which option would be better.