1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chardham Yatra By Helicopter From Delhi

Discussion in 'North India' started by SureshPrasad, Apr 20, 2016.

1. SureshPrasad

SureshPrasad New Member

Good Morning India, I am Suresh from Dallas, and I will be coming to India with my parents after 15 years.
    I wish to take my parents for the Chardham Yatra.

I will be arriving in Delhi from Dallas, and I wanted to know what arrangements can be made to start the yatra?

Is there a service that provides the Chardham Yatra by helicopter from Delhi?

Are there packages available for the Chardham yatra which provide all services including transport from Delhi, if a helicopter service is not available from Delhi?

What would the duration of the yatra be?

Please provide an idea of costs for the Chardham yatra.

2. Akshay

Akshay Member

Arrangements are best made through a tour operator, who will organize everything for you, from transport, accommodation to food. Other than that just make sure you have all your essential things with you which you would have bought from Dallas.

Unfortunately, there is no service which provides a helicopter ride from Delhi. You would need to travel by car from Delhi to Haridwar.

Yes, there are packages for the Chota Chardham Yatra, some packages provide transport from Delhi, and some don't, so that is something you will have take note of when making your booking.

Duration of the yatra can be anything from 4 days to 6 days depending on what package you choose and with whom.

The cost of the Chardham yatra can be anything from Rs70,000 to Rs1,70,000.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there! Welcome to the forum!

There are several tour agencies that arrange for the char dham yatra from Delhi. Also, the IRCTC also has a package for the char dham yatra from Delhi. You can opt for regular transportation services or even a helicopter service for the char dham yatra.

Unfortunately, there are no tour agencies that operate helicopters directly from Delhi to the char dham yatra. From Delhi, you would need to go to Dehradun for the helipad from which helicopters depart to reach the yatra. Here are the tour agencies providing a char dham yatra helicopter tour package from Dehradun:

Prayag Heritage - Their address is: 56 K/1 Airport Nagar, Rajkamal Society, Mundera Chungi, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211001. Their contact number is: +91 81157 19296. Here is their helicopter tour package:

1. Char Dham Yatra Ex Dehradun - This package is for two nights and three days.
    • Route: Badrinath > Kedarnath > Gangotri > Yamunotri.
    • Helicopter Type: Bell 407 or Bell 206 B-III or AS 350 B3.
    • Weight Limit: 330 kgs including luggage.
    • Transportation: AC vehicle.
    • Accommodation: Double room accommodation at hotel.
    • Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    • Inclusions: VIP darshan and applicable taxes.
    • Rate: Available by request.

Sampoorana Yatra
    - Their address is: 15, Guru Mandal Ashram, Haridwar, 249401, Uttarakhand. Their contact number is: 01334-228360. Here is their package:

1. Char Dham Yatra Package Ex Dehradun - This package is for four nights and five days.
    • Helicopter Type: Not mentioned.
    • Weight Limit: 5 kgs of luggage per passenger.
    • Accommodation: Average hotels at Kedarnath and Yamunotri. Three-star hotels in Badrinath and Gangotri.
    • Meals: Breakfast and dinner only.
    • Inclusions: VIP darshan and applicable taxes.
    • Rate: Available by request only.

Chardham Tour - Here is their contact number: +91- 8744012051. This is their helicopter tour package:

1. Char Dham Yatra By Helicopter - This package is for four nights and five days.
    • Helicopter Type: Not mentioned.
    • Weight Limit: 5 kgs of luggage per passenger.
    • Accommodation: Double sharing basis in room accommodation.
    • Meals: Breakfast and dinner only.
    • Inclusions: VIP darshan, special abhishek pooja slip, pony ride and applicable taxes.
    • Rate: Rs. 538,000 for 4 passengers.

Yes, there are tour agencies providing transport services from Delhi for the char dham yatra. Here they are:

IRCTC - Here is their address in Delhi: Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd, M-13, Punj House, Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001. Their contact number is: 011-23701101. The IRCTC has one package from Delhi:

1. Char Dham Yatra Ex Delhi - This is for 11 nights and 12 days.
    • Route: Delhi > Haridwar > Badrinath > Kedarnath > Gangotri > Yamunotri.
    • Transportation: AC vehicle from Delhi to Haridwar and back. However, it's a non-AC vehicle for the whole duration of the yatra.
    • Accommodation: Standard hotels, rooms with private bathrooms.
    • Meals: Breakfast and dinner only, plus one bottle of packaged water per day per person.
    • Inclusions: Taxes.
    • Rate: Rs. 21,150 per person.

Enchant Tours - Their address is: No. 10, Ist Floor, Pratap Palace, 410, India Nagar, Seemadwar Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248006. Their contact number is: +91 135 276 9664. Here are their packages:

1. Char Dham Yatra From Delhi - This is for 10 nights and 11 days.
    • Route: Delhi > Rishikesh > Badrinath > Kedarnath > Gangotri > Yamunotri.
    • Transportation: AC vehicle except on hilly terrains.
    • Accommodation: Hotels range between two to three stars.
    • Meals: Breakfast and dinner only, plus one bottle of packaged water per day per person.
    • Inclusions: Toll taxes, driver's fees and parking fees.
    • Rate: Available by request.

A1 Tours and Travels - Their address is: Unit No. 307, Aggrawal Tower, OP Market, Dilshad Garden, Delhi 95. Their contact number is: +91- 9891056747. Here is their package:

1. Char Dham Yatra Ex Delhi - This is for 11 nights and 12 days.
    • Route: Delhi > Rishikesh > Haridwar > Badrinath > Kedarnath > Gangotri > Yamunotri.
    • Transportation: Options for bus, Indica, Indigo, Innova or Tempo.
    • Accommodation: Twin sharing rooms on standard hotels.
    • Meals: Breakfast and dinner only, plus one litre of packaged water per day per person.
    • Inclusions: Tour guide, pooja assistance and pony reservation assistance.
    • Rate: For bus, Rs. 26,999 per person. Indica car is for Rs. 28,900 for package with meals. Indigo car is for Rs. 30,400 for package with meals. Innova car is for Rs. 25,900 for package with meals. Tempo car is for Rs. 21,900 for package with meals.

The char dham yatra is usually for 7 to 12 days.

I've included them above already.

I hope this helps.:)