1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas and New Year in Kullu

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by Mermaid, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid New Member

We are planning to enjoy our Christmas and New Year in Kasol, Kullu. Is it a good idea and how much snows there plus what party options do we have in Kullu, in short what all can we expect there?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I dont know where you come from but in India Christmas is not that big to be honest but yes on New Years eve people do make some noise and there are parties all over the place. I have not been to Kullu in those times of the year so cannot comment on what options are there but be assured that new years parties are plenty and if you are staying at a decent property they would also have something of their own.
    I hope other members can suggest some places.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Snowfall can certainly happen in Manali although you'd have to travel to higher altitude areas to experience it. Rohtang Pass is closed during this time though. Your other options would have to be Rani Nala and Solang Valley which you can find en route to Rohtang Pass. Some other places with snow would be at Marhi or Gulaba. Further places like Kufri and Naranda have higher possibilities of experiencing snowfall.

Activities you can do are quite few though. There's skiing which you can do in both Gulaba and Solang Valley. Snowboarding is also available in Solang Valley. Expect the weather to be very cold and a bit foggy. Make sure your itinerary is flexible as delays are inevitable especially when bad weather ensues. Make sure you hire a good driver who knows the area around as well. Do not leave the hotel when the weather and snow is strong.

Party options wise, most hotels and resorts provide that for you. Some hotels known for their Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve parties are:

1. Snow Valley Resorts. Some of their packages include:
    • Christmas Eve Party at 24th of December. There's a Gala Dinner, Bonfire, DJ and Snacks at Rs. 600 per one adult and Rs. 300 for children.
    • New Year's Eve Party at 31st of December. There's a Gala Dinner, Bonfire, DJ, Fireworks and Snacks at Rs. 1,500 per one adult and Rs. 900 to Rs. 1,250 for children.
    2. Hotel Snow Park.
    • Christmas and New Year Package for 3 Nights and 4 Days at Rs. 15,999. On December 31st, there's a DJ, Unlimited Snacks and Soft Drinks and Gala Dinner.
    So there you go... I hope this helps you decide whether you'd like to spend Christmas and New Year on Manali. Good luck!