1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current price of houseboats in Kerala

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by Maknila, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Maknila

Maknila New Member

Hi

Does anyone here know what the current rate for a houseboat in Kerala is? I was searching for it and spoke to one operator who quoted INR. 10,000 for one night and said breakfast is included in it, but I think it’s a lot of money for one night. We will be there in mid-January so please suggest is it better to book it in advance or we can get a better deal after reaching there?

Please share your experience too.

Thanks,
    Mak & Ila

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

Hi

I am not sure about the exact price but I am sure this INR. 10,000 is a pure rip off. I remember paying INR. 6000 for 24 hours stay (couple) with complementary dinner, it was March 2014 so now it should not be anywhere more than INR. 7000 for a nice luxury houseboat. In my opinion you need not to book it in advance and you can find thousand many houseboats after reaching there and it would not be a problem to pick and choose one. If they quote 10,000 again then tell them your price (which is supposed to be 40% less) as they bargain a lot.

3. PatelJigar

PatelJigar New Member

Rs10,000 that is a lot of money! Why is it so much?
    It would be better booking before your arrival and negotiate the pricing and also consider asking prices for other houseboats.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here are some rates I was able to find for a houseboat rental in Kerala:

1. Elite Houseboat. Contact number: +91 9447753557.
    • Alleppey Round - Single Bedroom Deluxe Houseboat (AC) at Rs. 8,000 per night.
    • Alleppey - Kumarakom - Single Bedroom Deluxe Houseboat (AC) at Rs. 9,000 per night.
    • Kumarakom Round - Single Bedroom Deluxe Houseboat (AC) at Rs. 9,000 per night.
    These are all with AP Plan and can only accommodate two persons. Inclusions are: All meals for the day with a vegetarian/non-vegetarian menu as well as taxes. Rates for Premium Houseboats are higher at Rs. 10,000 to 11,000 per night. Of course, the two, three and four bedroom ones are priced higher as well.

2. Indigenous Tour. Contact number: 09847733308.
    • Alleppey Round - Single Bedroom Deluxe Houseboat (AC) at Rs. 7,500 per night.
    • Kumarakom Round - Single Bedroom Deluxe Houseboat (AC) at Rs. 7,500 per night.
    AC is from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am only. Inclusive of meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks as well.

3. Kerala Houseboat. Contact number: 9387827235.
    • Alleppey Round - Single Bedroom Deluxe Houseboat (AC) at Rs. 6,500 per night.
    • Kumarakom Round - Single Bedroom Deluxe Houseboat (AC) at Rs. 7,000 per night.
    • Alleppey Round - Single Bedroom Deluxe Houseboat (non-AC) at Rs. 5,500 per night.
    • Kumarakom Round - Single Bedroom Deluxe Houseboat (non-AC) at Rs. 6,500 per night.
    AC is from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am only. Inclusive of meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks as well. Taxes are also all included as well as sightseeing fees.

I hope this helps!