1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darjeeling To Gangtok Route And Sight Seeing

Discussion in 'Sikkim' started by RaviDua, Mar 24, 2015.

1. RaviDua

RaviDua New Member

I am planning a trip to Darjeeling and Gangtok in June for one week. I have never been to North East part of India and need some help regarding the route from Darjeeling to Gangtok with help about site seeing in both of these destinations.
    I will be arriving at Bagdogra airport during the morning hours.

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

For sight seeing in Darjeeling refer here https://www.indiatravelforum.in/threads/two-days-in-darjeeling.206/#post-560

you could get yourself a taxi from Darjeeling to Gangtok which is the most convenient way or else get a bus which runs from Siliguri Bus terminal to Gangtok bus stand..

Gangtok has many beautiful places According to me its better than Darjeeling.. i don't exactly remember all the places i visited but the ones which i remember are :

#Teesta river that you would see on your way to Gangtok, even rafting is being done here.
    #Rumtek Monestry : it has a complete calmness ,relaxes mind and soul.
    #Ganesh Toc point: it s lord Ganesha temple situated at some great height from where you can have a look at the entire city
    #Nathu la pass : Sikkim-tibet border its a nice place.. we missed the chance to visit this place as it was nearly 50kms from Gangtok. and we had no time...
    #Banjharika falls : its a different type of fall, it was falling from mountains by the side of the road...
    #Cable car : have time so get in it and enjoy the ride
    #Ridge park : there a flower exhibition a variety of flower await u there

All these are worth watching :)

3. panchabhut

panchabhut New Member

Darjeeling and Gangtok are two different routes from siliguri. you will need to come down to teesta and then again climb back up. so plan your tour in two segments. first siliguri (bagdogra) to Darjeeling. then Darjeeling to Gangtok via siliguri (teesta). One day would practically bve required traveling from Darjeeling to Gangtok. also in June you would face monsoon and chances of landslide. not the best time to visit that area.

4. RaviDua

RaviDua New Member

Thank you BadBoy and panchabhut for the suggestions for sight seeing.
    I have changed my mind of traveling in June, when do you suggest I should visit?

5. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

I have no idea about which month would be perfect to visit darjeeling.. i visited it around march.. and trust me in hills it always feel good no matter what the month is..but yea temperature does make some difference, but for me evrything is ok, when on hills.

Whenever i visted any hillstation it welcomed me with some good rain... no matter in which month i go, it always rain..:) haha lucky me :D i love rains specially in hilly areas.

6. RaviDua

RaviDua New Member

March does sound like a good time, at least it wont be raining as much as it would now and also the weather would be better than it being humid.