1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day Trip

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by Maple, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Maple

Maple New Member

Is it possible to take a day trip into Pakistan and return to India in the evening? I'd love to say I was there and see just a bit of it, but I'm concerned about border crossing and restrictions.

2. Travis

Travis New Member

From what I understand the India government doesn’t encourage crossing the boarder at this time. I think I would really reconsider this and not go. It is dangerous there now and not safe for tourists.

3. Arianne

Arianne Member

I agree with Travis, Maple. It's probably not a good idea to cross that border. It is not a safe place to be at this time, with it's unpredictable security.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Yes, I have to agree with the others - I've heard that right now, tensions are pretty high between India and Pakistan. I don't know that right now is a good time to cross from one country to another, or even how the border setup would be -- it might be pretty difficult to go from country to country even if you were prepared to go. I know what you mean about wanting to visit both countries in the one trip but I just don't know that it's a great time for it.

5. swalia

swalia Guest

Taking a day trip is definitely possible but due to strained relations between the two countries, visa and passport formalities are too strict. Also considering the anarchy in Pakistan, I don't think visiting there would be a good idea.

6. Elaine

Elaine Member

Pakistan is a very beautiful country. However, crossing the border from India may be a bit of a hassle and if it is just for one day, I don't think it's worth it.