Day Trip

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by Maple, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Maple

Maple New Member

Is it possible to take a day trip into Pakistan and return to India in the evening? I'd love to say I was there and see just a bit of it, but I'm concerned about border crossing and restrictions.

2. Travis

Travis New Member

From what I understand the India government doesn’t encourage crossing the boarder at this time. I think I would really reconsider this and not go. It is dangerous there now and not safe for tourists.

3. Arianne

Arianne Member

I agree with Travis, Maple. It's probably not a good idea to cross that border. It is not a safe place to be at this time, with it's unpredictable security.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Yes, I have to agree with the others - I've heard that right now, tensions are pretty high between India and Pakistan. I don't know that right now is a good time to cross from one country to another, or even how the border setup would be -- it might be pretty difficult to go from country to country even if you were prepared to go. I know what you mean about wanting to visit both countries in the one trip but I just don't know that it's a great time for it.

5. swalia

swalia Guest

Taking a day trip is definitely possible but due to strained relations between the two countries, visa and passport formalities are too strict. Also considering the anarchy in Pakistan, I don't think visiting there would be a good idea.

6. Elaine

Elaine Member

Pakistan is a very beautiful country. However, crossing the border from India may be a bit of a hassle and if it is just for one day, I don't think it's worth it.