1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Day Trip From Pune To Bhimashankar

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by Pulkit, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Pulkit

Pulkit New Member

I am from Pune and would like to go on a one day trip somewhere. I am considering to go to Bhimashankar and would like to know whether it is worth going to Bhimashankar for a one day trip.

If it is then please also provide some information on what to do see and do in Bhimashankar and also the time it takes to reach Bhimashankar from Pune?

2. Karan

Karan Member

I would say going to Bhimashankar is worth going to for a one day trip especially if you think of it from a religious point of view.
    Bhimashankar is located 100km away from Pune, so you can easily make it a day trip including seeing some places there. I would suggest leaving early to make most of the day.

Bhimashankar Temple
    The main and important place to visit in Bhimashankar is the Bhimashankar Temple. It is one of the twelve Jyotirlinga shrines in India, and it has great important amoungst Shiv Ji devotees. The temple has some great architecture work and you are able to see some sculptors from ancient times.

Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary
    Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary was created in 1984, so it is fairly new. It was created to guard the natural habitat of some animals and birds. When visiting the place you will be able to see the lush green surroundings and nature at its best.

Hanuman Lake
    The Hanuman lake in Bhimashankar is worth a visit, it is a peaceful place where you can relax and ideal for a picnic spot. While at the lake you can see many bird and squirrels.

3. Deven

Deven Member

Bhimashankar is a popular tourist destination in Maharashtra, India. It is known for its beautiful scenery, wildlife, and religious significance. Here are some of the things you can do in Bhimashankar:

• Visit the Bhimashankar Temple, which is dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva.
    • Go trekking in the Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary.
    • Visit the Hanuman Lake, which is a popular picnic spot.
    • Visit the Ahupe Waterfalls, which are a short drive from Bhimashankar.
    • Visit the Rajmachi Fort, which is a 17th century fort that offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
    • Visit the Lonavala-Khandala region, which is known for its scenic beauty and hill stations.

Although you haven't asked but here are a few tips for planning your trip to Bhimashankar:

• The best time to visit Bhimashankar is during the spring (March-May) or autumn (September-November) seasons.
    • The weather is pleasant during these times and there are fewer crowds.
    • You can reach Bhimashankar by road or rail.
    • If you are traveling by road, you can take the Mumbai-Pune Expressway or the Pune-Nashik Expressway.
    • If you are traveling by rail, you can take a train to the Lonavala or Khandala railway station.
    • There are a number of hotels and guesthouses in Bhimashankar.
    • You can also camp in the Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary.