1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi To Pauri

Discussion in 'Uttarakhand' started by Shub1986, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Shub1986

Shub1986 New Member

My grandmother who is quite aged wants to go to her hometown in Pauri, and she has asked me if I can take her, which is fine with me.

I have only been once to my hometown when I was small. I would like some suggestions and advice on what the best way to travel from Delhi to Pauri would be, considering I would have my grandmother with me, she is elderly but fit and walking fine.

Some information on the route and duration of the journey would also be great.

2. Karan

Karan Member

There are three ways of reaching Pauri from Delhi by train, by bus or car. The total distance from Delhi to Pauri is 330km.

The trains and buses are not direct, so you would either have to stop at Haridwar or Kotdwar. I will provide information for all three ways of getting there and you can then see which would be more convenient for you.

Delhi to Pauri by Train

You would need to get the DDN Janshtbdi train from Delhi to Haridwar which would be a journey of 4 and a half hours. Then from Harid, ar you would need to get a taxi to Pauri, which is at a distance of 140km and would take about 3 hours to reach. The average cost of this journey would be Rs1600 per person. The duration of the journey would be 8 hours.

Delhi to Pauri by Bus

You would need to get a bus from ISBT Kashmiri Gate in Delhi. There you would find many buses which go to Kotdwar. From Kotdwar you can either get another bus which would take you to Pauri or get a taxi. The average cost for this journey is anything between Rs400 - Rs600 per person. Duration of the journey by bus would be between 8-9 hours.

Delhi to Pauri by Taxi

You can get a taxi which would take you from your home straight to Pauri. The average cost of getting a taxi is Rs3000 - Rs4000. The duration of the journey in a car would take around 8 hours.

The route from Delhi to Pauri is as follows:

delhi to pauri.jpg