Delhi To Katra Train Time Table

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Shivii, Oct 25, 2023.

1. Shivii

Shivii New Member

I plan to make a trip to Vaishno Devi from Delhi, my mode of transport would be by train, so I would like to know what is the train timetable for the Delhi to Katra route, including the departure and arrival times at key stations, and are there any recent schedule changes or updates for trains traveling on this route?

2. Deven

Deven Member

The train timetable for the journey from Delhi to Katra typically includes the following trains:

1. Shri Shakti Express (22461):
      • Departure from New Delhi: Around 05:30 AM
      • Arrival at Katra: Around 11:45 PM
      • Stops at important stations like Ambala Cantt, Jammu Tawi, and Udhampur.
    2. Vaishno Devi Express (12445):
      • Departure from New Delhi: Around 03:45 PM
      • Arrival at Katra: Around 11:30 PM
      • Stops at stations such as Ambala Cantt, Jalandhar Cantt, and Jammu Tawi.
    Please note that train schedules are subject to change, and it's advisable to check the official website of Indian Railways or use a reliable railway inquiry app for the most up-to-date information on trains traveling from Delhi to Katra, including departure and arrival times, any schedule changes, and other details.

3. CHG

CHG New Member

There are several trains that run between Delhi and Katra. Here are some popular options:
    • Vande Bharat Express (Train Number 22439): This is the fastest train on this route, taking approximately 8 hours and 5 minutes for the journey. It departs from New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS) at 6:00 AM and arrives at Katra (SVDK) at 2:05 PM. The Vande Bharat Express operates six days a week, excluding Wednesdays.

• JAT Duronto Express (Train Number 12265): This is another fast train option, taking around 8 hours and 50 minutes. It departs from Delhi Shahadra Saharabadi Railway Station (DEEN) at 10:20 PM and arrives at Katra (SVDK) at 7:10 AM the next day. The JAT Duronto Express operates daily.

• Uttar Samkranti Express (Train Number 12445): This is a more economical option, taking around 9 hours and 5 minutes for the trip. It departs from New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS) at 8:50 PM and arrives at Katra (SVDK) at 6:00 AM the next day. The Uttar Samkranti Express operates daily.
    Here are some things to keep in mind when booking your train ticket:

• It is always a good idea to book your tickets in advance, especially during peak season.
    • There may be recent schedule changes or updates, so it is important to check the Indian Railways website IRCTC Train Enquiry or a reliable third-party app like RailInfo or Ixigo for the most up-to-date information before booking your tickets.
    • Be sure to check the amenities offered by each train, such as air conditioning, catering service, and the availability of different classes of accommodation.
    I hope this helps with planning your trip to Vaishno Devi!