1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distance From Vasco Da Gama To Calangute

Discussion in 'Goa' started by RishiL, May 4, 2016.

1. RishiL

RishiL New Member

I will be traveling from Mumbai and be arriving at Vasco Da Gama Railway Station. From there on I need to get to Calangute, and I need to know what the distance from Vasco da Gama to Calangute.

There are a few people which I need to meet up with in Calangute, and it is vital that I arrive on time. Therefore, I need to make sure that I book the correct train which allows me to reach Calangutebefore the given meeting time and not make me late.

Is public transport easily available outside the railway station to get to Calangute?

2. Akshay

Akshay Member

The distance between Vasco Da Gama Railway station and Calangute is 37.7km (according to Google), which you ideally take you around 1 hour.

You can get a bus service, but you would have to change at one or two spots and would cost you around Rs100. The other option would be to get a taxi which would take you straight to Calangute from Vasco Da Gama station but would cost you something like Rs1000.

If you are looking for a cheap travel option, then take a bus, if it is the comfort and quick travel time then take a taxi.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

The distance between Vasco Da Gama to Calangute varies on search engines. But generally, it's from 40 kms to 45 kms, at least the average. Travel time may be anywhere from 45 minutes to 55 minutes. These are a few of the public transportation options that you can use:
    • Go to the Vasco Da Gama Railway Station
    • Walk for about 500 metres to find the shuttle service of Kadamba buses which will take you to Panajim
    • In Panajim, ride a bus going to Mapusa
    • And in Mapusa, ride a bus going to Calangute
    The cost would range from Rs 100-150 per person. And with this mode of transportation, expect the travel time to be 1 and a half hours or more.

I hope this helps!