1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vasco Da Gama to Panaji

Discussion in 'Goa' started by Simar, May 19, 2016.

1. Simar

Simar New Member

I will be in Goa next month, and while in Vasco Da Gama I will need to make a quick visit to Panaji. So that I can plan the rest of the day, or you can say rest of the holiday I need to know a few things about the journey from Vasco Da Gama to Panaji.

1. How far is Vasco Da Gama to Panaji?

2. What would be the best and easiest way to reach Panaji from Vasco Da Gama?

3. Is there anything special to see in Panaji or should I just come back to Vasco Da Gama as planned?

2. JaiPatra

JaiPatra New Member

The distance between the two destinations is 28km.

You can take public transport like a bus but it would take some time stopping at other places as well. I would say the best way to travel from Vasco Da Gama to Panaji is by taxi or auto.

There is nothing too special to see in Panaji, so you best to head back to Vasco De Gama. The only place I would recommend seeing is Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, @Simar!

The distance between Vasco Da Gama and Panaji is about 26.9 kms. Driving that can lead to about 27 mins of travel time.

If you travelled to Vasco Da Gama via the train, get an auto rickshaw outside the station. Tell the driver to bring you to the Kadamba Bus Station. In the bus station, ride a bus going to Panaji. The bus ride can cost anywhere between Rs. 45 to Rs. 60.

You can also opt to ride a taxi from the station or wherever you're from in Vasco Da Gama. Price can be anywhere between Rs. 670 to Rs. 700 depending on the cab type.

Here's a list of places you can visit in Panaji:
    • Boat cruise in the Mandovi River.
    • Visit the Goa Handicrafts, Rural & Small Scale Industries Development Corporation Limited (GHRSSIDC) outlet and shop for some souvenirs.
    • The Bishop's Palace comes alive during Christmas season.
    • The Jogger's Park has the Maruti Temple which is lit during the night.
    • The Fontainhas has collections of the history of Goa.
    • The Kala Academy has two theatres and a music gallery.
    I cannot really recommend the beaches in Panaji as they're crowded and dirty. I think Panaji is worth visiting still despite this. Allot at least a day for visiting Panaji and then go back to Vasco Da Gama or other destinations in Goa.

I hope this helps!