1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogs Vs Cats

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by RajaApull, Oct 24, 2015.

?

Which do you prefer

1. Cats

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Dogs

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. RajaApull

RajaApull New Member

Which pet do you prefer, a dog or a cat. Try to state your reason for which pet your prefer most. I prefer cats mostly as I like their unique mindset compared to a dog. A cat is the only animal that can choose who they like and don't like, so if a cat likes you, it says some positive things about you. Cats also don't have to be taken outside to take a shit. All the shit you see on the streets are because of dogs, you can see why cats are far more better for society as they don't fuck up your new sneakers.

2. sillyllucy

sillyllucy Member

I obviously prefer cats because they are so independent and they just love to be loved. I love dogs too, but they are too needy for me. I love their loyalty, but I will be a cat fan for life. I had 13 of them at one point! I wish I had a kitty from India!

3. Delirium

Delirium Member

Dogs. Dogs. Dogs.

I'm cool with cat lovers, but they get a little annoying sometimes. It seems like wherever I go cats are worshipped like Gods, and there's just.. cat pictures everywhere I go. Dogs are somewhat similar, but when they get posted somewhere it's usually about them being.. 'derpy'. I don't even know if that's a word. But yes I generally really like them.

4. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

Cats and dogs are both fine with me. They both have different characteristics and motivations but they both have good and bad points too. You can't really keep a dog locked in a house all day, they get bored and lonely, but they are very loyal and affectionate too. Cats are far more independent and are more suited to people with busy lives and long working hours and they do not require so much attention all the time.

5. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

I've always been more of a dog person. They have much more energy and are a lot more loving. When my boyfriend and daughter are away, I can curl up with the dog and she will keep me company. You don't normally get that great of a reaction from a cat.

That being said, I'm allergic to both, and I'm crossed out a bit when a pet of any type sheds all over the place (like my boyfriend's dog does), so I'd rather have neither.

6. GammaRay

GammaRay Member

We have to stop this great Dog Vs. Cat debate on the internet, I mean can't you love both equally? I know I do. I've lived with cats and dogs all my life and they've never fought except in instances where food is involved. If cats and dogs can live peacefully together then why can't cat and dog lovers? LOL. Vote for me in the next elections. This debate is just like the age-old Men vs. Women debate-- no one wins because everyone just ends up arguing. Love wins though! ;)

HIraeth likes this.
  7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I've had both in my lifetime, 4 dogs and 3 cat's, not all at the same time of course, and they are both fine in their totally different ways.

Dogs are more loyal and they need you more than cats do, whereas cats are more independent but are still great to have around the house.

8. MichelleVL

MichelleVL New Member

Oh wow! That's a very tough question! I love both cats and dogs equally. I currently have both, and each has their Pros and Cons. Cats are cleaner than dogs, get sick less, they are hilarious, and so darn cute! Dogs on the other hand, wear their hearts in their sleeves, are loyal to the end, are more obedient, and their antics can melt your heart in an instant. So in the end, I can't really decide. :p

9. Zhen25

Zhen25 New Member

So I am not a lover of either of those pets. Give me birds, fish or even hamsters but not a dog or a cat. Dogs are just noisy and annoying. Cats are sneaky and creepy.

10. RajaApull

RajaApull New Member

Wow! A lot of dog lovers in here. That is pretty crazy! I like cats because of their cuteness, like my cat can get really cute sometimes! Thank you for your opinion guys, it means a lot to this thread.

11. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I voted for dogs because I like the endless love they show to the owner unlike some cats. I am not saying they are not loving and caring animals, on the contrary, I have six cats and two dogs running around. I share the cats with my uncle and they wonder to often on their own or sometimes when my uncle doesn't have thing they like to eat they just come on my side of the yard and cry on my doors. And there are two cats who only like my uncle. When I want to play with them, or just approach them they start hissing and eventually they run away. But when they are hungry they adore me. Dogs on the other hand, one mine one shared with the same uncle, would never do such a thing. My dog would not leave me even if we starve to death. Once, I was sick and in bed. One of the cats came through the window and saw me lying. She approached me and I thought she was aware I was sick and wanted to be around me. She started cuddling and in the split of a second she stole my cookie and vanished :). My dog doesn't eat and sleep when I am sick. It is a golden retriever and he puts his head on my feet, or licking my hand. Whatever he does, he never leaves me until I feel better. When I was working abroad, they had to bring him to see me because he was crying everyday in my room. Sleeping in my stuff or in my closet.

12. mayasupernova

mayasupernova New Member

I voted for cats.
    I used to love dogs and they have always been around me. I grew up with dogs, but all of them lost their lives tragically at some points in the past and I cried out my heart and soul. Therefore, dad decided we would never have any dogs as pets. Then, we switched to cats, and none of this happened with cats. The other thing is that while dogs were very cute, playful and such, cats were very homey and they could always feel when I am sad and they come to me and try to comfort me in a way. I got to be very close to cats.

13. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

Actually I prefer the company of both. While dogs are a little more active and social than cats are I still enjoy cats also. Both are very loving and a pleasure to have around.