1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-visa Expansion A Massive Success

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by amelia88, Dec 19, 2015.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

It seems like the changes India made to applying for a visa have resulted in a big success for their tourism industry!

The Indian government announced a massive surge in e-visa applications of 2713 per cent when figures for last month are compared to November 2014, in an article I read this week.

That to me is incredible - just by cutting out some of the red tape in applying for a tourist Visa, it seems to have done amazing things for their industry.

When you're looking at travel destinations, do you get put off by a difficult visa application process? Do easier, more streamlined (and electronic!) ways to apply for a visa mean that it's more likely you'll visit?

Chahal likes this.

2. Sharon

Sharon New Member

I would definitely be put off by a difficult visa application process. The last thing I want to do when I'm planning a vacation is deal with ten tons of red tape!

3. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

It's definitely going to help their economy thrive in such a way. The influx of tourism combined with the new and improve way of approving tourist entry will definitely be beneficial.
    My mother in law recently traveled to India and ran into a problem where she forgot to apply for a visa. Upon talking to the Indian consulate and a small fee she was well on her way to traveling. It was that fast and quick. Kudos to India for the changes !

amelia88 and Chahal like this.
  4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

That's fabulous that the problem was able to be rectified so quickly. It's always something that can put fear into the heart of any traveller, when something is amiss with a visa, or you weren't aware one was required and it turns out upon arriving it is. When the process is quick and easy, but they're still doing all the necessary checks, it definitely makes for a functional and friendly travel experience.