1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback on Amboli and Mahabaleshwar Itinery

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by PINAKI DAS, Jun 14, 2017.

1. PINAKI DAS

PINAKI DAS New Member

How many days will be sufficient to visit Amboli and Satara. We will be travelling by our car - 2 adults and 1 child (3 Years)

Our plan is as follows:

26.09.17 – Mangalore to Gokarna. Night stay at Gokarna – 232 km

27.09.17 - Start from Gokarna and reach Amboli via Panjim. Enroute cover the sightseeing. Night stay at MTDC Hotel at Amboli – 246 km

28.09.17 - Start for Mahabaleshwar. Cover some sightseeing enroute like Kaas Plateau etc. Night Stay in Mahabaleshwar – 292 km

29.09.17 – Sightseeing in Mahabaleshwar. Night stay at Mahabaleshwar

30.09.17 - Start for Kolhapur. En route cover some sightseeing (including Wai) of Mahabaleshwar and Satara. Night stay at Kolhapur / Amboli – 178 km / 297 km

01.10.17 – Kolhapur / Amboli to Panjim /Karwar/Gokarna. Night Stay accordingly - Upto Gokarna – 364 KM / 246 km

02.10.17 – Back to Mangalore – From Gokarna 246 km

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I would suggest cutting down your stay at Satara and staying the nights at Mahabaleshwar instead as I cant think of anything that you as a tourist could see or do at Satara, its a lousy little town and I am not going to praise the hospitality of local residents either. Apart from that everything looks good to me. Road conditions are pretty decent and it would be ok to maintain an average of 65-70Km/hr all through out the journey.