1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goa or Kerala

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by riki_nira, Dec 3, 2014.

1. riki_nira

riki_nira New Member

Hi

We are in India from 3 days and we love it here. We have already seen New Delhi and for next one week we will be visiting Jaipur, Agra and Varanasi. After this we want to go to some coastal area so can somebody suggest which place is better for a mid-age couple (my wife is 42 and I am 45). Personally I want to visit Goa but my wife thinks Kerala is better, it would be really helpful if somebody can give us pointers and attractions of Goa and Kerala both.

2. Lost In India

Lost In India New Member

I am going to Kerala too so you can send your wife with me to Kerela and you can go to Goa :)

Jokes apart, Goa is more of a happening place with decent party scene going on all over the place and loads of tourists from across the globe and from within India. Kerela is more of a relaxing kind of theme with its back waters and spas and quieter beaches.

3. ulimateape

ulimateape New Member

If you take my suggestion then Goa is a better place to be, you have a number of options there and all the things which you get in Kerala are available in Goa too. Starting from quite beaches to Ayurveda massage (that is what Kerla is famous for) everything is available in Goa. You just need to decide what you want to do and ride your motorbike to the spot. If you want to visit a calm and quiet beach in Goa then go towards extreme North Goa and if you are in party mood just ride down to Calangute or Anjuna. One more thing I would like to highlight, Kerala can not offer you, any party or nightlife when compared to Goa :)

4. Lost In India

Lost In India New Member

Yes the bike on hire thing is an added plus at Goa and it is a more touristy place with a lot more things to do as compared to Kerala.

5. nickuk

nickuk New Member

Thanks everyone, I think I want to make it Goa this time and if we have spare time then we can think of flying to Kerala for a day or two.

Sounds like a plan to me ;)
    with her I always need to agree to disagreed.

Lost In India likes this.