1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goa trip in January

Discussion in 'Goa' started by somsahu, Dec 28, 2014.

1. somsahu

somsahu New Member

Hi

After working hard and saving enough in 2014, my girlfriend and I were planning to spend 7 days vacation in Goa. We are planing to stay in Panjim for 1 night and next day we will head towards calangute where we can laze on the the beach, enjoy water sports and night life of Goa for next 3-4 days, we have not booked any hotel or city tour so far and we are not very keen to book either.

Any ideas to help us or any suggestion for an Indian couple from New Delhi

Somnath

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sorry for the super late reply but I hope this can help anyone who might have the same question. In Panjim, there are many hotels and other types of accommodation you can avail of. Here they are:

• Ginger Hotel. Very near the Kabamba Bus Stand, this is one of my top picks for a mid-range hotel in Panjim. There's even a gym, a conference room and a meeting hall in the hotel. There is also WiFi access in most areas of the hotel. Rooms are very basic and clean which should be enough for an overnight stay. Rates start at Rs. 2,441 per night.
    • Country Inn and Suites By Carlson. This is probably one of the best hotels in Panjim. Rooms have their own fridge, hair dryer, mini bar, LED TV with cable and tea/coffee maker. There's also a swimming pool and gym. I love the rooftop barbecue restaurant and their bar/lounge. WiFi is also available in the hotel. Rates start at Rs. 4,169 per night.
    • Hotel Miramar. As the name suggests, this hotel is very near Miramar Beach. Bathrooms come with hot/cold showers. There's a television as well as cabinets. There's also a restaurant in the hotel. Good for just an overnight stay at the price of Rs. 1,835 per night.
    Here are some hotels in Calangute:
    • The Park Calangute. Very near Baga and Sinquerim Beaches as well. This is a five star hotel with all the amenities you might need. Rooms are spacious with WiFi, satellite TV and has a minibar. You can select a room with sea view and enjoy the majestic scenery of the Calangute Beach. Rates start at Rs. 11,385 per night.
    • Fortune Select Regina. Rooms have their own private balconies. Amenities include a swimming pool, gym, spa and bar. Rates start at Rs. 15,307 per night.
    • Citrus Goa. I love the poolside bar and the all day dining that they have. Besides that, the rooms here are very clean and spacious. They also have rooms with private balconies with views of the sea. Rates start at Rs. 6,800 per night.
    Here's a possible itinerary for you as well:

Day 1 - Arrive at Panjim and visit the following places: Reis Mogos Fort, Reis Mogos Church, Aguada Fort and Chapora Fort.

Day 2 - Visit Dudhsagar Falls early in the morning. By late afternoon, depart to Calangute.

Day 3 - Visit the Calangute Beach, Candolim Beach and Baga Beach. Then, visit the Kerkar Art Complex and Tito's Mambo Cafe.

Day 4 - Visit the Anjuna Flea Market and the Anjuna Beach.

Day 5 - Visit the Fontainhas, Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Concepcion and Basilica Bom Jesus.

Day 6 - Try out some water sports like parasailing, paragliding, windsurfing and many more.

Day 7 - Enjoy the nightlife in Goa.

I hope this helps!