1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowfall in Shimla in January

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by AnmolKumar, Jan 16, 2021.

1. AnmolKumar

AnmolKumar New Member

Hi everyone, I am Anmol from Faridabad. My husband and I wanted to take our kids to see snowfall in Shimla. We know that there hasn't been any snowfall lately, and wondered if anyone knew when there would be chances of snowfall in Shimla in January.

I know there is quite some snowfall in Manali, but we don't want to go that far especially with small kids, and plus there was news of people being stuck on roads due to the snowfall, so we thought it's best to avoid Manali.

2. Kate Collins

Kate Collins Member

I guess it will still be snowing in Shimla this January so you wanna grab those winter apparel and gears. Enjoy your vacation!

3. Karthik

Karthik New Member

Well, apparently there hasn't been any snowfall this year. It's the first time in something like 15 years since there hasn't been any snowfall in January. There was some snowfall in late December and that's it.

Looks like this winter tourists should not expect snowfall in Shimla. However, there is snowfall in Manali!

4. Kate Collins

Kate Collins Member

Hi, just wondering if you proceeded to see snowfall in Shimla. How was the experience?