1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going To Goa

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Elaine, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Elaine

Elaine Member

I am planning to go to Goa in a few months with my other half and was wondering where I could find a place to rent motorbikes? Any ideas?

2. Ted

Ted New Member

Where in Goa will you be staying? It is a fairly big place. Depending on your location, motorbikes may be hard to find. Maybe you should ask your hotel
    manager?

3. Aurora

Aurora New Member

To be honest with you, I do not recommend renting a motorbike. It is really dangerous in Goa. Most road accidents that have been recorded there involve tourists. Why don't you just take local taxis? They are fairly cheap in price.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I have to say I'm way too scared to ride a motorbike in my own country let alone a different one where I may not know all the local road rules and any differences with how things are done!

I have a friend that went to Goa and rented a motorbike - I'll have to double check the company that was used. But do make sure you get an international drivers permit - I recall him saying that he was pulled over and thankfully he had one, because a friend he was traveling with didnt and got fined!

5. Paul

Paul New Member

I agree with Aurora; motorbikes can be seriously dangerous. You would be better off taking taxis because they can take you anywhere and you don't have to worry about your safety.

6. NishaSahaay

NishaSahaay New Member

it is a fairly big city so its depends on you. where you will visit and which vehicle you want for rent and where will you stay in Goa.

7. deewanna

deewanna New Member

I mentioned in another post that for these kind of things I prefer using travel agencies. They would take of how I can transport myself. They would even give ideas of where to visit and the ideal kind of transportation.