1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeymoon On Andaman Island

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by grace, Jan 21, 2016.

1. grace

grace New Member

We are spending three weeks in India for our honeymoon and want to spend the last week in Andaman, resting and relaxing. Do they offer anything in private accommodations?

2. Jiggy

Jiggy New Member

I've seen many nice resorts advertised in that area. When you say "private accommodations," are you referring renting a home or condo? It looks like a beautiful place for a honeymoon!

3. grace

grace New Member

By private I mean like small cottage or units where there is nobody next to you. If not we would stay in a hotel but it would be nice to have a place to ourselves where it is quiet and peaceful.

4. Igor

Igor New Member

I was exploring the possibility of visiting Andamans too and I found many hotels that offer villas. However, private cottages do not seem to feature anywhere and I plan to ask my travel agent about it. It will be a good idea to stay in a private cottage since it will be a unique experience for me.

5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

6. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

There are many options for private accommodations in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Here they are:

Luxury Private Accommodations in Andaman
    • Barefoot at Havelock - This is probably one of the most popular resorts in the region. They have around 31 tents, cottages and villas. The best part is, the materials used for their rooms are all eco-friendly. This is also just a few minutes away from the Radhanagar Beach. Their Air-Conditioned Andaman Villa is a great option. It's away from the crowds and the other tents and cottages. It even has a shower with a canopy for viewing the jungle. It has its own private villa where you can enjoy sipping tea or reading a book. Room tariff is at Rs. 13,500 to Rs. 19,000, it's higher during peak season. They also have a restaurant and a spa in the hotel premises. Their address is: Beach No. 7, Redhanagar Village, Havelock Island, Andaman Islands, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744211.
    • Munjoh Ocean Resort - Their Luxury Villa is perfect for couples. It's away from the other crowded areas of the resort. Its shower is fitted with a sun roof offering natural lighting from the sun. Some of the amenities of the room are: flat-screen television, wardrobe, writing desk, safe and even a private patio. There's also a restaurant and cafe in the resort premises. Water activities like scuba diving and snorkelling can be arranged for in the resort. Their villa rates start at Rs. 10,000 per night. Their address is: Beach No 5, Havelock, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744211.
    • Seashell Hotel - You can choose between their Andaman Villa and Andaman Chalet. The Andaman Villa has two floors: the ground floor has the washroom while the first floor has the balcony and the room. There's even a sit-out area with its own hammock. Amenities include: television, safe and tea/coffee maker. The Andaman Chalet has the same amenities but it has only one floor. The Andaman Villa is at Rs. 8,000 and the Andaman Chalet is at Rs. 10,000 per night. They also have a bar and a restaurant. Kids can enjoy the variety of swimming pools in the hotel. Their address is: No. 3, Govind Nagar Beach, Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744211.

Mid-Range Private Accommodations in Andaman
    • Symphony Palms Beach Resort - Their Havelock Cottage is only at Rs. 3,999 per night. It has a garden view and is quite spacious and isolated. Amenities include television, tea/coffee maker and an attached bathroom. The resort also has different restaurants for guests. They even have a spa and banquet facilities. Their address is: 3, Govind Nagar Beach, Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744211.
    • Pristine Beach Resort - Their Villa is at Rs. 4,500 per night. Rooms are made of wood and have wooden furnitures. The bathroom has a shower along with a bath tub. Their Villas are spaced just right to allow for privacy for the guests. The Villas are also just a few minutes away from Kalipur Beach. Their address is: Kalipur Beach, Diglipur RV, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
    • Pearl Park Beach Resort - Their Standard Cottage is at Rs. 3,499 per night. Cottages are aptly spaced to provide some privacy for guests. They also come with flat-screen televisions, wardrobe and dressing table. The beach is just about a 20-second walk from the resort. Snorkelling equipments can be rented in the resort too. Nearby, there's a children's park for the kids' enjoyment. Their address is: Beach No. 1, Lakshmanpur Beach, Neil Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744104.

There you go. I hope this helps!

7. Dybbuk Jones

Dybbuk Jones New Member

I stayed with my wife at the Munjoh Ocean Resort and it was really beautiful. I didn't like the water pressure in the showers, but definitely showering under natural sunlight was amazing. And if you are traveling to India you shouldn't be complaining about the water pressure anyhow. The whole place is just wonderful and the staff is the friendliest staff I've ever encountered.