1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotel in Katra Vaishno Devi

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Shakshi, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Shakshi

Shakshi New Member

If you have read my first post, you must know that I will be traveling to Katra for Vaishno Devi Darshan. I would also like to get some help with the choice of hotel to stay at. I heard that it is not a good idea to get a hotel once you get there are during busy times hotels can get fully booked, so it is better to book in advance.

I just need one double room and a single room, and we would only like to be spending a maximum amount of Rs800 per night. I know that there are many places to eat there, so the hotel food is not an issue, but yes the hotel location should be close to the local shops and restaurants.

2. Dybbuk Jones

Dybbuk Jones New Member

The Shree Hari Niwas Katra on Jammu Road, Opposite ICICI Bank, Katra Vaishno Devi, Katra, Jammu and Kashmir 182301 is a nice place. Very affordable and they actually have pretty good room service. Everything is vegetarian and you can enjoy all the normal comforts of a hotel for a world traveler. I would avoid the mini-fridge since that's where the hotels really get you.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Shakshi! Welcome to the forum!

There are many budget hotels in Katra, although they are about 2 kms to 6 kms from the Vaishno Devi Temple. The distance is not that bad and you can still walk to reach the temple. Of course, staying in the rooms provided by the temple is the best option as you will be very near the temple itself. However, these rooms can get fully booked, especially the free ones. So your next best option would be the further hotels. Just make sure you leave early for the yatra as the walking can take about 10 minutes or so to reach the temple.

So anyway, here are some budget hotels near the Vaishno Devi Temple in Katra:

1. Hotel Shra Dhaluniwas - This hotel is just a few metres away from the Holy Banganga. It is also just 200 metres away from the Katra Bus Station. The hotel provides a vehicle for pick-up and drop-off of devotees to the temple. They also have special tour packages for nearby areas, in case a guest needs some assistance. You can even rent different types of vehicles from the hotel. They have a kitchen, where cooking is permitted for guests.
    • Tariff - Double Bed Room at Rs. 595 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Bed, attached modern bathroom and colour television.
    • Hotel Facilities - Laundry, dry cleaning, travel desk, canteen, kitchen, room service, car rental, pick-up/drop-off services and special tour packages.
    • Address - Behind Hotel Vishal, Arli Road, Katra, Jammu and Kashmir, 182301.
    • Contact Number - +91 87168 64649.
    2. Hotel New Green View - This hotel is just one km away from the Katra Bus Stand. It is also just about 3.5 kms away from the Katra Helipad. Rooms here are very economical but come with basic amenities you might need. They also provide arrangements for obtaining a yatra slip. They also provide a courtesy drop to the Banganga. For other sightseeing needs, they do have a travel desk that can arrange for all your needs.
    • Tariff - Deluxe Non AC Room at Rs. 600 per night and Super Deluxe AC Room at Rs. 800 per night.
    • Hotel Facilities - Laundry, travel desk, pick-up/drop-off services and doctor on call.
    • Address - Near New Bus Stand, Katra, Jammu and Kashmir 182320.
    • Contact Number - +91 1991 232 126.
    3. Hotel Shiv Dham - This hotel is located at the heart of Katra, in the Trikuta Hills. It is about 513 metres from the bus stand and about 1.3 kms from the helipad in Katra. Rooms here are very basic, almost like a guest house. They do come with an attached bathroom and television. Aside from that, the hotel does not offer any more amenities and facilities for guests.
    • Tariff - Standard Room at Rs. 700 per night.
    • Hotel Facilities - Reception and room service.
    • Address - Hospital Road, Katra , Jammu and Kashmir, 182301.
    • Contact Number - +91 1991 233 484.
    4. Hotel India Pride - This hotel is about 207 metres from the bus stand. The helipad in Katra is just about 1.6 kms from the hotel. Rooms are very basic here although they're well-maintained and has the amenities you need for a short stay. You can also dine in their multi-cuisine in-house restaurant.
    • Tariff - Deluxe Non AC Room at Rs. 800 per night.
    • Hotel Facilities - Laundry, travel desk, parking, power backup, multi-cuisine restaurant and room service.
    • Address - Behind Durga Bhawan, Aril Road, Katra, Jammu and Kashmir, 182301.
    • Contact Number - +91 1991 232 304.
    I hope this helps. These are the only hotels within your budget that I was able to find. There are some more guest houses though which I can also list if you'd like. Other hotels are a little beyond your budget but they have air-conditioned rooms for about Rs. 980 to Rs. 1,500. So if you're willing to spend more, you can try out those hotels.

Good luck!