Hotels In Delhi

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Faye1232212, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Faye1232212

Faye1232212 New Member

As I am planning my trip to Delhi, I find myself having a hard time deciding what hotel to use. Of course they are rated but I am still somewhat reluctant. Does anyone have any ideas of any affordable, safe and friendly hotels in Delhi? I will be outside of the hotel much of the time so I am not too picky on looks. I just care that it is safe and affordable. Thank you all in advance!

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Delhi is a big city and if you include the suburbs as well which is collectively called Delhi NCR then you are looking at the size of a small European city. I live in west Delhi and it takes me at least one hour driving to get to the other side of the city and if you want to go from say Gurgaon to Kundli border you need a good hour and a half. I just thought I would give you and idea about the size of Delhi.

What all are you looking to Do in Delhi and would you be using taxis or the Metro rail for traveling? It would also help if you could give an idea of how much you are willing to spend per night for your hotel room.

South Delhi is where I would suggest if you are not sure what you be doing here and where all you would go because the area is nice and very well connected by roads and metro rail.

3. Tanmaya

Tanmaya Member

Paharganj or Karolbag area if you are looking for run of the mill economical accommodation, South extension for decent accommodation but a little pricy. You could also look at hotels at Dwarka which are cheaper because not many people stay there just because they dont know the place exists. Metro makes it easier to go to other areas of Delhi from Dwarka and a good room will not cost anything more then 4000-5000Rs. Dwarka also has a bit of night life and lots of places to eat.

4. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

It would be helpful if you can give an idea of your budget and the comfort level you are looking for? Delhi is a place where all types of people travel from poor to rich and there is a place for everybody. You can find traffic from all parts of India here being the national capital.

Based on a general view, if you are looking for a budget hotel, South Delhi would be ideal as you can find a lot of options here. But it should also depend on the places you intend to visit in Delhi during your trip.