1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotels in Gangtok MG Marg

Discussion in 'Sikkim' started by Power Ranger, Jul 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Power Ranger

Power Ranger New Member

I am looking for a good quality, reasonably priced hotel located in Gangtok MG Marg. Please don't just provide me with a list of hotels in MG Marg Gangtok. I can find the same from Google as well, but what I need is first hand traveller reviews. So if you have ever stayed in a hotel located in MG Marg, Gangtok or have any authentic information regarding the same, then kindly let me know.

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

I have been to Gangtok twice and coincidentally on both the occasions we stayed in hotels located at MG Marg aka the Mall Road of Gangtok.

The first time we stayed at Hotel Golden Pagoda. It was a nice staying experience and I would rate them 5 out of 5. The room was spacious and clean, staffs were well behaved and room service was prompt and courteous. We had booked a non-AC double room, but the hotel management allocated an AC room for us at the same price as a few of the rooms remained unoccupied. They have a roof-top open restauaent which offered amazing views of the Himalayan mountain ranges. The tariff was very reasonable at INR 1200 per night back in 2013. I don't know the exact price right now, but a standard double room should not cost more than INR 1800-2000. You can contact them on (+91) 3592 206928.

My second visit to Gangtok was in 2015. This time also I wanted to stay at Hotel Golden Pagoda, but being a busy tourist season, there was no vacant room available at that time. So we settled for Hotel Trident Gangtok located at MG Marg. It's a budget hotel. We got a decent double room with AC, TV and geyser for just INR 950. They have a restaurant on the ground floor, but the food was just average. I would say, this hotel is a good value for money deal. My rating would be 3.5 out of 5. If you are interested in staying here, you can give them a call on - (+91) 98309 52388.

Regards,
    Deb