1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Expensive Is Public Transport In Delhi?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by hedonologist, Mar 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. hedonologist

hedonologist New Member

How expensive is public transport in Delhi? I understand it will be significantly cheaper than in Europe, but how much exactly does public transport cost? Can I also get unlimited 24 hour tickets for buses and trains, or do I have to get a new ticket for each journey?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There are no such passes/tickets available that would allow travel in both buses and trains. Train tickets cost peanuts and the quality of metro trains and stations wont let you feel that you got monkeys by paying peanuts, trains here are one of the best in the world and they are clean. Both buses and trains are extremely cheap. I dont have an exact figure but be assured its not even worth mentioning, its that cheap.

I will find out how much a bus and train journey costs these days. I am in the UK these days so will do that once I get back to Delhi.

3. hedonologist

hedonologist New Member

That is surprising to hear, especially contrasting with Mumbai,where the trains cannot really be considered that good or clean. Are the trains markedly better in Delhi, or has the whole place improved since 2008 when I was last in Mumbai?

4. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I found the rates very reasonable the last time I used the train. This was years ago, but the prices have not dramatically increased. Trains and transport are very important for the poorer people, and can not cost too much. They are almost a public service.

5. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

The trains in mumbai which are crowded like hell are "Loacal trains" which connect various parts in a state and is daily used people in going from office to home even delhi has a no. of local trains.... there are different classes of trains like local, rajdhani etc..

In delhi we have metro which costs less then 50rs.. and bus tickets(for non AC)-- 5,10,15rs...and for AC buses--10,15,20,25rs

There are monthly passes for buses available which costs around 1000 INR(for both AC and NON AC)

daily pass costs around 50 INR(for AC +Non AC) and INR 40(only for Non-AC)

For TRAINS i dont think there is something like a daily pass or so...