1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Is Goa?

Discussion in 'Goa' started by Namish, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Namish

Namish New Member

I have only heard and read some things about Goa, and know that there are many people who go their for a holiday. But as the past couple of years have gone by I have also noticed that very few prefer not going to Goa as they think that it is not as good as it should be or sounds to be, and that its better go some place else like Thailand.
    I would like to get some feedback from those who have been to Goa and find out what how is Goa?

Is it worth going there for a beach holiday or should we really opt for some other place outside India?

2. Deven

Deven Member

Goa is a nice place to visit for a beach holiday and there is also a lot of tourist places one can visit. In India, this is one of the most popular and common beach holiday destinations. I have personally been to Goa and at the time it was a holiday hub.

When it comes to cost, going abroad to a place like Thailand works out to be cheaper, you get better quality and options for the hotel.

If I had a choice now I would rather prefer to go somewhere abroad rather than going to Thailand.

If you want to find out more about Goa have a look at the Goa Travel Guide on the forum.

3. Karan

Karan Member

To be honest, it depends on what age group you fall into, the younger generation would love being in Goa whereas the elder generation would prefer a bit more of a sophisticated place. The elder generation also sees comfort and are able to spend more money on a foreign holiday.

Deven's point about going to a place like Thailand works out cheaper is true. Here in India a 3 star hotel can turn out to be quite expensive and the for the same price you can get a 4 star hotel in Thailand.

It's actually a personal opinion whether you should go for Goa or somewhere abroad, have a look at the mentioned Goa travel guide to get an idea and also see what best fits your budget.