1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Book A Cab?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by MayaH, Apr 4, 2019.

1. MayaH

MayaH New Member

I am from Himachal and I will be visiting New Delhi with my family. We have never used a taxi service before only the ones which are available on the road or by tour operators, but I understand that these places charge a lot in Delhi.

As we would be traveling by taxi in Delhi, I would like to know how to book a cab?

Is there an app, or can we call a cab company?

Please provide details information and also suggest some cab companies who are good.

2. Deven

Deven Member

Hi MayaH, Welcome to India Travel Forum.

These days using a mobile app is the best and the easiest way to book a taxi. Its more secure and safe.

The best mobile applications for booking a taxi in Delhi are Ola Cab and Uber.

3. Shiv

Shiv Member

A word of advice when making a booking for a taxi, make sure you keep checking about the confirmation and where exactly the car is, as it's common that drivers accept the request and then cancel sometimes even 5 minutes prior to arrival. So if you are in an emergency then just get proper confirmation from the driver by calling him.