1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Get Cheap Flight Tickets?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Amraya, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Amraya

Amraya New Member

Hi everyone my name is Amraya and I am new to the forum.

I am a frequent traveler, and so travel by flight on a regular basis. I often find that when searching for flights, and then begin the booking process the price using increases. Now I am not much of a techy person but I know there are ways where you can actually get cheap flight tickets, as the price you first see them at.

So basically I need help in that, what should I do to get cheap flight tickets?

2. Prits

Prits Member

Well I don't know whether it is right or wrong, but what I generally do is browse all the sights for my required flight. Like you I also find that when it comes to booking the flight the price gets increased. So I do what one of my friends recommended me to do, which was to open a private window and then go the website where you got your best flight price and then book immediately from there, and 99% you should get the best price which you had searched for initially.

3. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

Another way you can get the best price after browsing is when you have made your final decision of where you want to book your ticket from simply delete your cookies and then make your booking. Its kind of the same thing as mentioned by Prits, but a different method you can say.

4. Karan

Karan Member

Hello Amraya! Welcome to the forum, and it's great to hear about your enthusiasm for travel. Finding affordable flight tickets can indeed be a rewarding skill. Here are some tips to help you get started on securing cheaper flight tickets:

1. Be Flexible with Dates:
    • Try to be flexible with your travel dates. Prices can vary significantly depending on the day of the week and the time of the year. Consider flying on weekdays, as flights are often cheaper compared to weekends.
    2. Use Fare Comparison Sites:
    • Utilize online fare comparison websites and apps to compare prices across multiple airlines and travel agencies. Popular platforms include Skyscanner, Google Flights, and Momondo.
    3. Book in Advance:
    • Plan ahead and book your flights well in advance. Generally, booking several weeks or months in advance can result in lower prices.
    4. Set Fare Alerts:
    • Sign up for fare alerts on websites or apps. These alerts notify you when prices drop for specific routes, allowing you to book at the most opportune time.
    5. Consider Budget Airlines:
    • Explore options with budget airlines. They often offer lower base fares, and by avoiding add-ons, you can secure economical tickets.
    6. Use Airline Miles or Points:
    • If you're a frequent traveler, consider using airline miles or points earned through loyalty programs. These can significantly reduce the cost of your flights.
    7. Check Alternate Airports:
    • Look into flights from alternate airports near your departure and arrival locations. Sometimes, flying into a nearby airport can be more cost-effective.
    8. Book Connecting Flights:
    • Consider booking connecting flights instead of direct ones. Connecting flights can sometimes be cheaper, but be mindful of layover durations.
    9. Clear Browser Cookies:
    • Clear your browser cookies before searching for flights. Some airlines may adjust prices based on your search history.
    10. Consider Off-Peak Travel Times:
    • Opt for off-peak travel times, such as early morning or late at night, as these flights may be more affordable.
    11. Book One-way Tickets:
    • In some cases, booking two one-way tickets instead of a round-trip ticket can be more cost-effective. Compare both options before making a decision.
    12. Negotiate with Airlines:
    • Inquire directly with airlines about any promotions or discounts they may offer. Sometimes, customer service representatives can provide additional savings.

13. Student or Senior Discounts:
    • If applicable, check for student or senior citizen discounts. Some airlines offer special rates for these groups.
    14. Check Package Deals:
    • Explore package deals that include flights, accommodation, and other amenities. Sometimes, bundling services can result in overall cost savings.
    Remember that flexibility and timing play crucial roles in finding the best deals. Prices can fluctuate, so it's beneficial to monitor them and seize opportunities when they arise. Safe travels, and may you continue to explore the world with affordable flights!