1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go Jaipur from Delhi?

Discussion in 'North India' started by Chawlas, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Chawlas

Chawlas New Member

I have recently bought a new car, and I would like to take my family to Jaipur for a holiday in the car. As it will my first time driving, I would require some help and would need to know how to go Jaipur from Delhi?

I would need help with directions, the time to leave Delhi for easy driving and places to stop.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi, @Chawlas! Welcome to the forum!

Here is the route you need to take from Delhi to Jaipur:
    • Route via NH8 - Delhi > Gurgaon > Kapdiwas > Bawad > Shah Jahan Pur > Neemrana > Behror > Kotputli > Khelana > Shahpura > Chandwaji > Jaipur.
    This route is about 281 kilometres long. It can take you around 4 hours to 5 hours to reach Jaipur from Delhi. The road conditions are good in this route since it's a highway and it has tolls. However, the route is also frequented by heavy vehicles like trucks and buses.

During monsoon season though, the roads might be a bit problematic. So you have to keep that in mind but other than that, most of the roads are well-paved and smooth. Rough patches are very few and won't be the challenges in this route.

Thus, it's best to leave Delhi as early as 5:00 am to avoid the early morning rush. The roads are not the problem, but the traffic that you might encounter. And if you leave later in the morning, you'd be facing the worst traffic and you might reach Jaipur later in the afternoon already.

From Kotputli to Jaipur, the views are stunning and the roads are also smooth. This is probably the smoothest and fastest stretch in this route so you'd be able to reach Jaipur in just two hours or so.

So here are some instructions that you need to follow to reach Jaipur from Delhi:
    • Drive until Guru Harkishan Marg and Balbir Singh Sidhu Marg. This can take around 15 minutes to cover.
    • Reach Indira Colony from Balbir Singh Marg through the Mahatma Gandhi Road. This can take around 15 minutes as well.
    • From Indira Colony, follow National Highway 8 until you reach Tagore Nagar in Jaipur. This can take around 2 hours or so to cover.
    • Follow through until you reach Ajmer Road and finally Jaipur. It can take you around an hour or so to cover this distance.
    Depending on the traffic, you can reach Jaipur in about 4 hours or so.

Your stopover can be at Behror. There are a few restaurants in the Behror Highway that you can dine in like Sagar Ratna, Highway King, Sawan Bhado and Moti Mahal Deluxe.

There you go, I hope this helps you and enjoy your road trip!