1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Madh Island From Malad Station?

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by JayM1, Jan 1, 2018.

1. JayM1

JayM1 New Member

In February 2018 I will be going to Mumbai, and the main place that I would be visiting is Madh Island. My stay is elsewhere so I would have to travel daily to Madh Island.

I know that the closest train station to Madh Island is Malad Station and I now need to know how to reach Madh Island from Malad Station?

2. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

When you arrive at Malad Station, the distance to Madh Island is about 12km and there are a couple of options for you to make your way towards Madh Island.

You can either take the Best Bus 271, which runs every 15 minutes - 30 minutes depending on which day it is and the time of day. This bus has 38 stops and Madh Island is on the 32nd stop.

or

You can take a taxi/cab which is available from outside the station.

From both of these options, taking the bus would take slightly longer but is cheaper and taking a tax/cab would be quicker but costlier than taking a bus.

3. Shiv

Shiv Member

To reach Madh Island from Malad Station in Mumbai, you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Reach Malad Station:

• Start your journey by taking a local train on the Western Line of the Mumbai Suburban Railway System to reach Malad Station. Malad has both a Western Line and a Harbour Line station, so make sure you disembark at the Western Line station.
    Step 2: From Malad Station to Marve Beach:

• After reaching Malad Station, you can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to Marve Beach, which is the nearest point on the mainland to Madh Island. Marve Beach is about 7-8 kilometers away from Malad Station, and the journey should take around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
    Step 3: Ferry Ride to Madh Island:

• Once you reach Marve Beach, you'll need to take a short ferry ride to Madh Island. Ferries operate between Marve Beach and Madh Island at regular intervals throughout the day.
    • The ferry ride is a scenic experience, and it takes only about 15-20 minutes to reach Madh Island.
    Step 4: Arriving at Madh Island:

• Upon arriving at Madh Island, you can explore the island's attractions, including its beaches, resorts, and natural beauty.
    Important Tips:

• Confirm the ferry schedule and timings in advance, as they may vary based on the season and weather conditions.
    • Be mindful of the ferry schedule for your return journey to Marve Beach, as the last ferry of the day may have fixed departure timings.
    • Carry cash for ferry tickets and other expenses, as card payment facilities may not be available at all locations.
    • Since Malad is a busy suburban area, be prepared for traffic during peak hours. Plan your journey accordingly to avoid delays.
    Enjoy your visit to Madh Island and the scenic ferry ride along the way!