1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to reach Madh Island Beach?

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by Cosmos, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Cosmos

Cosmos New Member

My arrival will be at Mumbai Central railway station, and I would like to reach Madh Island Beach from there.

Please advise how to reach Madh Island Beach from the railway station? If I remember correctly, Madh Island is approximately 45km away from Mumbai Central railway station.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi, @Cosmos! Welcome to the forum!

You're right, Mumbai Central Railway Station is about 43 kilometres away from Madh Island Beach. Here is what you need to do to reach Madh Island from Mumbai Central:

Combination of train and bus
    • Mumbai Central > Train to Malad Station > Bus to Madh Island Beach.
    1. Train from Mumbai Central to Malad Station - The nearest railway station to Madh Island Beach is the Malad Railway Station. It is about 13 kilometres away from the Madh Island Beach. You can ride another train from the Western line of the Mumbai Suburban Railway to reach the Malad Railway Station. There are trains plying from Mumbai Central to Malad Station as early as 4:00 am and up to 12:00 am. Here's a sample time table from 4:00 am to 5:00 am:
    • Local Train No. 90017 - This departs from Mumbai Central at 4:25 am. It arrives in Malad Railway Station at 5:10 am.
    • Local Train No. 90021 - This departs from Mumbai Central at 4:28 am. It arrives in Malad Railway Station at 5:13 am.
    • Local Train No. 90029 - This departs from Mumbai Central at 4:51 am. It arrives in Malad Railway Station at 5:37 am.
    • Local Train No. 90033 - This departs from Mumbai Central at 4:56 am. It arrives in Malad Railway Station at 5:41 am.
    As you can see, there are frequent trains in every hour. Just check the website of the Mumbai Western Railway to see the specific schedules and timings since I don't know when you'd be arriving at the station.

2. Bus to Madh Island from Malad - From Malad Station, you can then ride a bus to reach Madh Island Beach. There's one bus for this route:
    • BEST Bus No. 271 - This departs from the Malad Station at different times, starting at 5:15 and the last bus departing at 23:15. Frequency of buses depends but it's usually between 15 minutes to 30 minutes. It has 38 stops and Madh Beach is its 32nd stop.
    If you'd like to just ride buses to reach Madh Island, you can opt for this route:

Reaching Madh Island just by buses
    • Mumbai Central > Bus to Mahim Bus Station > Bus to Malad Station > Bus to Madh Island.
    1. From Mumbai Central Depot to Mahim Bus Station, here's the bus that you can ride:
    • BEST Bus No. 62 - This departs from the Mumbai Central Depot at different times, starting at 6:00 and the last bus departing at 20:50. Frequency of buses depends but it's usually between 15 minutes to 30 minutes. It has 48 stops and Mahim Bus Station is its 23rd stop.
    2. From Mahim Bus Station to Malad Station, here's the bus that you can ride:
    • BEST Bus No. 271 - This departs from the Mahim Bus Station at different times, starting at 6:40 and the last bus departing at 23:15. Frequency of buses depends but it's usually between 15 minutes to 30 minutes. It has 45 stops and Malad Station is its 29th stop.
    3. From Malad Station, you can then board the same bus above, which is BEST Bus No. 271.
    • BEST Bus No. 271 - This departs from the Malad Station at different times, starting at 5:15 and the last bus departing at 23:15. Frequency of buses depends but it's usually between 15 minutes to 30 minutes. It has 38 stops and Madh Beach is its 32nd stop.
    You can also opt to ride a taxi once you reach the Malad Station since it's just near the Madh Island Beach.

I hope this helps you!