1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Save Money In India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Ganni, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Ganni

Ganni New Member

I am an Indian who has been living in the UK for the past 20 years or so. I have shifted to Bangalore with my wife for work purposes. We are in a kind of financial crunch and I would like some help from the people living in India and thought maybe this is a good platform to ask some.

I would like to know how to save money in India?

Any details or ideas would be great.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

There is no special way of saving money, it is universally applicable.

Things like stick to a smaller car, eat at home and do not buy packaged food items.

Move to an area with lesser rents may be if that is a possibility.

3. Deven

Deven Member

It can be tough at times, but it can be done. Here are some tips on how to save money in India:

• Create a budget and stick to it. This is the most important step in saving money. Track your income and expenses for a month or two to get an idea of where your money is going. Once you know where your money is going, you can start to make changes to save more.
    • Cut back on unnecessary expenses. Take a close look at your budget and see where you can cut back. Do you really need that daily coffee? Could you cook more meals at home instead of eating out? Every little bit helps.
    • Find ways to make extra money. If you're struggling to make ends meet, consider finding a part-time job or starting a side hustle. This extra income can help you save more money and reach your financial goals faster.
    • Invest your money. Once you have a good emergency fund saved up, you can start investing your money. Investing is a great way to grow your money over time. There are many different investment options available, so do some research to find the ones that are right for you.
    • Live below your means. This is the key to long-term financial security. If you can live below your means, you'll be able to save more money and build wealth over time.
    • Make a list of all the expenses you have made in the week/month.

Here are some additional tips that may help you save money in India:
    • Use public transportation or carpool. This can save you a lot of money on gas and parking.
    • Buy in bulk. This can save you money on groceries and other household items.
    • Avoid impulse purchases. It's easy to spend money on things you don't need when you're not planning. Take the time to think about your purchases before you make them.
    • Be patient. Saving money takes time and effort. Don't get discouraged if you don't see results immediately. Just keep at it and you'll eventually reach your goals.