1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to travel from Guwahati to Silchar?

Discussion in 'East India' started by Rahul, May 25, 2015.

1. Rahul

Rahul New Member

I will be in Guwahati and would like to go to Silchar from there, I need to know what travel options I have. Also please add which would be the most convenient way of traveling.

2. Deven

Deven Member

You can travel either by car or plane. Getting a plane from Guwahati to Silchar would be safer and easiest, if you go by road it is not as safe.

3. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

I think maybe convenient would not be the appropriate word and you should be asking the safest way, which is by air. Spend the extra money on an air ticket rather than being abducted.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Rahul!

The distance between Guwahati and Silchar is about 309 kms. It can take you about 8 hours or more to reach the latter. Your transportation options are the following:

1. Assam State Transport Buses. You can go to the Inter-State Bus Terminal in Guwahati. From there, you can state buses going to Silchar. Some of the timings are:
    • Super Deluxe Bus - Leaves at 17:15 from Guwahati, fare is Rs. 440.
    • Super Deluxe Bus - Leaves at 17:45 from Guwahati, fare is Rs. 440.
    • Super Deluxe Bus - Leaves at 18:00 from Guwahati, fare is Rs. 505.
    2. Private Buses. They also depart from the ISBT in Guwahati and arrive in Silchar. Some of the timings are:
    • Arhans Tour and Travels (Non-AC Seater) - Leaves at 5:30 pm and arrives at 5:00 am. Fare is at Rs. 550.
    • Jagannath Travels and Tours (Non-AC Seater) - Leaves at 5:00 pm and arrives at 5:00 am. Fare is at Rs. 500.
    • Preronaas Transport (Non-AC Seater) - Leaves at 6:00 pm and arrives at 5:00 am. Fare is at Rs. 550.
    3. Trains. You have several options for trains as well, travel time is between 11 to 12 hours:
    • Kanchanjanga Express Train No. 25657 - Runs every Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Departure time is 4:35 and arrival is 16:30.
    • Poorvottar - Sampark Kranti Express Train No. 15602. Runs during Sundays, departure time is 9:05 and arrival is 19:55.
    • Guwahati Silchar Fast Passenger Train No. 55615 - This runs everyday at 23:55 and arrives at 13:10.
    Now, the railway route to Silchar can be quite dangerous but the scenery is quite amazing. It's up to you if you'd take this mode of transportation.

4. Airplanes. This is the most convenient, fastest and most expensive option. You can reach Silchar in an hour or two. Some flights available are:
    • Jet Airways at Rs. 8,220 for a one-way ticket.
    • Air India at Rs. 16,488 for a two-way ticket.
    5. Taxis. This can be quite expensive, expect to pay Rs. 9,000 to Rs. 10,000 for a one-way trip.

I hope this helps!

5. vkar

vkar Member

There is air connectivity between Guwahati and Silchar. You can take a flight from Guwahati. You can also travel by train if you prefer (Guwahati - Silchar BG Fast Passenger) but train schedule is often interrupted by landslide or other issues, so make sure to plan accordingly. There is also daily bus services available from Guwahati to Silchar via Shillong.