1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is A Side Trip To Pakistan Worth It?

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by Angelswings, Feb 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Angelswings

Angelswings New Member

As I plan to see as much of the world as possible I often add a couple of short side trips to my main destination. This usually works out to be two or three days in a neighbouring or close by country, and so far it's been a good way to expand my travel horizons. I could well make a short side trip to Pakistan when I am in India, or I could wait and make it the main destination of another holiday. So my question is, does Pakistan have enough to offer to make a 3-4 week stay worth it?

2. Deven

Deven Member

I wouldn't think you need 3-4 weeks for Pakistan. There are places to see in Pakistan for which a weeks stay would be enough. I would recommend going to places which are popular and crowded and avoid any far away or deserted places.

3. Angelswings

Angelswings New Member

Thanks Deven. That makes it much easier to plan what to do while in India. (So long as crossing the border is straightforward, will have to check that out).

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

I personally believe there is a lot to see in Pakistan but that country is infested with extremist elements who wont miss a chance to kidnap a foreigner to make a point especially Americans. Lahore is a heaven for food lovers otherwise but I don't think I would ever go there because of security concerns.

5. incrediblehero

incrediblehero New Member

2 weeks are enough for Pakistan. The northern areas of Pakistan is much more beautiful. You will enjoy every moment of glimpse in Pakistan and i am sure visiting Pakistan will make a good memory for your life.

6. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

How long would it take to see some of the key sites? Would two or three days be enough?

7. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

I would never recommend a tourist to go to those "beautiful" areas that you are talking about. Isn't it the road to Gilgit where buses get stopped and non-Muslims and even Shias get lined up on the roads and get shot in the head?

Where else? Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has some beautiful places too but the almighty Mullas call the shots there and anyone found smiling is a potential candidate for a shot in the head! isint it?

8. Johnnie

Johnnie New Member

Earlier in the month (this September) Pakistan's military admitted that ISIS has presence in the country.

So . . . Pakistan isn't safe to visit. While there certainly are some beautiful places which every tourists should visit if they can, there's hardly any compelling reason to visit the country when there is a possibility that you might return home in a body bag.

9. calicer1996

calicer1996 New Member

A week is more than enough to see everything Pakistan has to offer. As many have outlined, it is a dangerous place to visit. Good luck if you want to. But if I were you, I would skip that country.

Admin likes this.