1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Risk Of Travel To Pakistan?

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by Arianne, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Arianne

Arianne Member

Is there a high risk area of travel to Pakistan because of terrorism, especially for western visitors? Some government websites site it as a risk for attacks, although more so for government security and military but there also seems to be a caution and risk of kidnapping for western visitors. I'm a little worried about this because a friend from Pakistan urged me to visit his birth place.

2. Voyager

Voyager New Member

I would avoid going to Pakistan if I were you. There is a lot happening there as per the news and it would not be safe to that area at all. Travel only if you must and there is no alternative.

3. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana New Member

On the major travel website, there are beautiful photographs of hotel accommodations and fine dining for Islamabad, Pakistan. The Serai looks amazing. I wish there was a way for a westerner to travel with absolute confidence, I would love to go.

4. Johnnie

Johnnie New Member

Pakistan has made an effort to fight terrorism but there still are numerous terrorist cells in the country. Though there's no country in the world which is 100% safe, there's no need to take unnecessary risks so it would be best to stay away from Pakistan for now until it's safer to visit. That might take a really long time I'm sure.

5. Fuzyon

Fuzyon New Member

I'm not extremely familiar with Pakistan and its current state, but isn't just a part of the country under attack? I've seen numerous photos and videos online of Pakistan's resorts and that led me to think not the whole country is affected by war. There are still a lot of alternatives if you're on the fence of going to Pakistan, after all it's not easy to get there so you have to plan cautiously. It's a really pretty country, I must say.

6. faizmughal

faizmughal New Member

There is no risk Pakistan for travel you can easily travel to Pakistan and enjoy your trip and there are some cities that Are the most beautiful cities in Pakistan if You came Pakistan you have to must visit Islamabad, Kashmir, Lahore, Karachi, murre, Muzaffarabad etc.

7. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

Terrorism seems to be terrorizing the whole world in its own small way. The US has issued a travel ban against the Philippines due to the recent bomb explosions in Manila which killed 2 people. That small incident had already caused a black eye to the country. With Pakistan, I have been reading in the newspaper from time to time about terrorist attacks that surely would turn off potential tourists. However, I agree with @faizmughal about the beautiful cities and probably he is correct in saying that there is no risk (for the risk may only be on the reports).

8. JanineWied87

JanineWied87 New Member

I have a friend from Pakistan, he is a PHD and maybe as an educated person just doesn't want to tell about such things. But I've never heard such stories from him. Now probably I should think well before to go to visit my friend to Pakistan...and nope, after I read your stories I'll not go there

9. Lisa

Lisa New Member

There is hardly any point going to a country where your life could be at risk. I was reading about this girl Uzma who came back to India today who was made to marry a guy at gun point and some how she escaped and went to the Indian high commission as she is an Indian citizen who then helped her get back to India, what a horror story. If I was you I would drop the idea altogether.