1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Bangladesh Safe For Travel?

Discussion in 'Bangladesh' started by Salman, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Salman

Salman New Member

For a group coming form the US, is Bangladesh safe for traveling to places outside the capital city? They wish to make a trip for business purposes but would also be doing some sightseeing especially places of historical interest.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I'd say Bangladesh is a safe country to travel to. They would still need to be street-wise and careful though. I'd also say that they should hire a reputable car company for trips out of town. Since it is a group that's going to Bangladesh, renting a car would be more beneficial and safer for them. Lastly, be careful when travelling at night and avoid it as much as you can. Because most thieves and crime offenders do take advantage of night time. That's it, take care!

3. joshkhtan

joshkhtan New Member

I'm from Malaysia and so I've met quite a few "Bangladeshis". Most of them are rather sincere and know enough English to help you out but they generally get a bad rep here due to a number of crimes involving them recently. I've not been to Bangladesh personally but I like to believe they are generally good people. I would keep an eye out though as I've found that life in US is much more safe than other countries so that may surprise you.

4. anu12

anu12 Guest

I want visit to Bangladesh.But my relatives told me that Bangladesh is never a right place to visit.Then i change my view and cancelled to visit Bangladesh.

5. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

In some of the rural areas, I would recommend not travelling at night, and also ensuring that you have reliable transport and a driver. Above all, respect the customs of the locals and you should encounter few problems, however, the more rural areas can be dangerous, particularly for Western tourists, but it really does depend on who you run into. As with all other places, 99% of people will be welcoming and friendly, but the 1% of people who have a nefarious motive for meeting you could well be dangerous, particularly for visitors from the US. I would stress that all visitors to the region should be respectful to everyone, but particularly to local officials, as they can wield considerable local influence and power.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Personally I think it wouldn't be that dangerous to go over there as a tourist, and as long as you stick to the cities and towns and respect their culture then I think you'd be pretty safe.

I have heard also though that you have to be a lot more careful these days, but you do with most places so I wouldn't let something put you off if it's a country you have your heart set on seeing.

7. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

If they are going for trade or business purposes, you should contact the local chamber of commerce. They should be happy to supply a guide or information, and might even arrange some great deals if it facilitates investment or big contracts. The Uruguayan chamber of commerce is always happy to help foreigners if they come here to do business, and will even comp rooms and trips.