1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kedarnath Badrinath Trip

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Vicky09, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Vicky09

Vicky09 New Member

Hi, guys. I am new here. Heard a lot about India travel forum
    so I am looking for some suggestion.

I am planning a trip to Kedarnath and Badrinath in mid
    September. Maybe we'll be going in a group of 4-5.
    I made an itinerary as following:

Day 1 - Doon Express from Howrah at night

Day 2 - Running

Day 3 - Arrive Haridwar in the morning and moveRishikeshkesh. Rishikesh sight scene and night stay.

Day 4 - Reach Gaurikund and night stay

Day 5 - Start early for Kedarnath via Rambara and Limchauli. Night stay at Kedarnath in camp.

Day 6 - Start early for Vasuki Tal and return. Visit temple. Night stay.

Day 7 - Start early for Chora bari tal and return. Night stay.

Day 8 - Return to Gaurikund and night stay.

Day 9 - Reach Badrinath. Night stay.

Day 10 - Start early for Charan paduka and Nilkanth viewpoint and return. Visit temple. Night stay.

Day 11 - Start early for Mana village and Basudhara falls and return. Night stay.

Day 12 - Reach Haridwar. Night stay.

Day 13 - Haridwar sight scene and night train for Howrah.

Day 14 - Running

Day 15 - Reach Howrah in the morning.

is the itinerary okay?

Can we reach Kedarnath from Gaurikund on the same day or should we spend a night at Limchauli?

Is it possible to visit Vasuki Tal and Chora bari Tal in the same day?

Are buses available from Rishikesh to Gaurikund and Gaurikund to Badrinath?

what will be the fare if we hire a car from Rishikesh?

Please advise if any modification needed. Thanks in advance.

2. Kritika

Kritika New Member

Hi
    Yes you could travel the distance from Gaurikund to Kedarnath on the same day is very little about 14 Km via Rambara, a new route has be constructed after 2013 flood via Rambara and Linchauli, and it is also a trek route.
    The answer to your second question is that both places is again apt for trekking , walking and ponnies are available to cover the distance of 22 Km, but again it depends upon you, weather and temperature. But the distance could be covered in a day.
    Yes Bus service are available at both routes, But there is only one bus from Gaurikund to Badrinath if you miss that bus you have to wait till morning.
    And now about your last question, you want to hire a cab for whole trip , starting from Rishikesh , if yes than you have do little research and visit either websites or call car hire companies and ask for their price. It may vary from one car rental company to another.
    Hope this will be help for your upcoming trip. Thanks

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The itinerary looks fine although you might want to add some time for shopping for souvenirs and of course, tasting the local cuisine. But overall, you have got a great itinerary there. Make sure you also add in some time for a rest and the time to travel from one place to another.

Yes, Kedarnath is just 14 kms away from Gaurikund. That's about an hour of travelling so you won't need to spend a night on Limchauli.

Yes, the distance between Vasuki Tal and Chorabari Tal is just 21 kms so it's possible to visit both in one day.

From Rishikesh to Gaurikund, I was only able to find taxis which the prices range from Rs 2,300 to Rs 2,900. The same goes for Gaurikund to Badrinath, I was only able to find taxis, the price range is the same as above.

From what I read though, there are state buses that you can ride from Rishiskesh to Gaurikund. There are also shared jeeps that you can take.

I've stated the fare prices for taxis above. For cars, it's a little above that, Rs 2,500 to Rs 3,500, depending on the model and whether it's an AC or not.

I hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

It is a trekking route and to cover those 14Kms you would need atleast 4 hours of walking and about 2 to 2.5 hours if you hire a pony or a horse. Vehicles do not ply on this route.

briannagodess likes this.