1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kerala - Gods Own Country !

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by travelguide, Sep 7, 2015.

1. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

Kerala is declared as a world heritage site by UNESCO. You will never get bored visiting Kerala and this State is very close to nature which is always refreshing. When I think of Kerala I cannot forget the below five places :

1) Back waters in Aleppey - A houseboat vacation in backwaters is a perfect gift to you and your family.
    2)Munnar - Enchanting hill station in Kerala. Munnar is very close to nature.. You will never forget its cold and refreshing experience
    3) Thekkady - Periyaar wild life sanctuary is a home for many species of animals and birds.
    4)Kovalam - One of the best beaches in India
    5) Nelliampathy - I think if you are a nature lover, you should not miss this hill station

And the list is endless...

ChaiNashta likes this.

2. jkkat

jkkat New Member

You totally forgot Kochi. I mean if you ask me, Kochi is the most important of the whole state. I don't think anywhere else in Kerala is as exciting as Kochi. Just how much of backwaters and scenery can you have?

3. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

Yes, you are right. Kochi, the commercial capital of Kerala, deserves special attention as a hot tourist spot. I think I have given more importance to remote places in my list. Sorry for missing out Kochi in the list.

There are a number of good places in Kochi of which the Chinese Fishing Nets are of a very recognizable site. By giving a small fee the local fisherman will give you a demonstration on how it is being operated. You can even buy fresh seafood from fishmongers and cook it in nearby shacks and enjoy it as sun sets. It might be a new experience for you. To note a few other attractions are Jew Town, Kathakali performance in Cochin Cultural Centre or Kerala Kathakali Centre, Princess Street etc.

FlexiTours likes this.
  4. vegito12

vegito12 Member

I had some family who traveled to India and had a nice time in this area and enjoyed the views which are nice and have seen the pictures which are well done, also a nice place to check out. It is nice to view the country and learn the history of the place, which can be memorable for visitors and also think it can be good for them and may enjoy the time they are in the area. I saw the videotape of my relatives and they had a good time and saw the nice places they visited and, enjoyed the food they had over there which was nice and good to see the different foods available and nice to try them.

5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member