1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala Reviews

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by dhristiL, Jun 7, 2016.

1. dhristiL

dhristiL New Member

While in Kerala I wish to stay at the Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala do get some ayurvedic treatment done and get some relaxation from the stressful time I have had.
    Before making any bookings like I always do I like getting some reviews about the place, I would be at. It's not free, and I would rather pay more for something which is done professionally and correctly.

I have some questions on the mind which I would like answered to help me decide whether to book the accommodation or not.

What is the Ayurvedic treatment like?

Are the doctors and massagers all professional?

Do the rooms have air conditioning?

What is the food quality like?

Are the rooms well maintained and clean?

How early should I book my stay?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

The Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala in Kerala is a well-known Ayurvedic treatment location. People all over the world visit this place to have their illnesses or conditions treated. Here's the answers to your questions:

What is the Ayurvedic treatment like?
    • There are different kinds of Ayurvedic treatment in their Kerala branch. These are: Sirodhara, Pizhichil, Navarakizhi, Thalapothichil, Pachakizhi and Podikizhi. Depending on what you choose, the treatment differs and it provides different benefits as well. But people of different conditions and illnesses have gained comfort because of these different Ayurvedic treatments.
    Are the doctors and massagers all professional?
    • Yes, these are all trained professionals, from the physicians to the massagers.
    Do the rooms have air conditioning?
    • There are different kinds of rooms: single room with AC, double room with AC, single room without AC and double room without AC.
    What is the food quality like?
    • There's an in-house vegetarian restaurant. The food is delicious and just perfect for people who are suffering from any illness as it's very healthy and nutritious.
    Are the rooms well maintained and clean?
    • Yes, all the rooms are well-maintained and very clean. The same goes for all other amenities in the area.
    How early should I book my stay?

• It depends on the doctor's recommendation. It's best that you create an account in their website and talk to them there. This way, they can know about your condition and recommend you on what to do. But generally, once you have filled up the information, you can book a room with them. You need to book at least a week before your visit since they don't usually open up rooms for walk-in clients unless there's a cancellation.
    I hope this helps!

3. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member

I too vouch for Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala. It's one of the popular Ayurvedic treatment centers. My uncle is from Kerala (married to my aunt). He regularly gets medicines from the Arya vaidya sala. My aunt too uses their medicines for joint pains and gives a positive feedback. They do "Pancha Karma" therapy for people who suffer from stress, anxiety disorders, and other lifestyle diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension and so on. I definitely recommend it.