1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leh Tso Moriri

Discussion in 'Jammu & Kashmir' started by Navita, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Navita

Navita New Member

I am in the process of planning my trip to Leh with my family, and one of the places I am eager to visit is the Tso Moriri. I have read about the Pangong Lake and also seen pictures of both the lakes and the Tso Moriri looks more calm and appealing.
    Before I would head off to Tso Moriri from Leh, I would like some tips and advice. My journey to Leh would be via flight so we would not have our transport.

1. What is the distance between Leh and Tso Moriri?

2. Is Tso Moriri more high up in altitude than Leh?

3. How much would a taxi cost from Leh to Tso Moriri?

4. Is there overnight accommodation near Tso Moriri?

5. We are going Leh end of June, is that a good time to go there and be at the Lake?

6. Is there any mobile signal at Tso Moriri?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello @Navita and welcome to the forum!

The distance between Leh and Tso Moriri is about 220.3 kms, so that's about 4 to 5 hours of travel time.

Tso Moriri is at an altitude of about 14,836 feet while Leh is at an altitude of 11,562 feet. So yes, Tso Moriri is higher in altitude than Leh.

The price for a taxi from Leh to Tso Moriri ranges from Rs 3,500 to Rs 4,200.

You won't really find accommodations very near to Tso Moriri. You can camp at camp sites beside the lake though. Some nearby accommodations are:

• Tsomoriri Camp and Resort in Changthang area
    • Tsomoriri Hotel Lake in Leh
    Yes, June is one of the best months to visit Tso Moriri Lake as the snow has melted by that time and you can enjoy the different shades of blue of the lake. Be aware though that during May to August, these are the peak season months.

Unfortunately, there's no phone signal in the lake. The good thing is that you can enjoy and find tranquility in the place without any interference of gadgets and electronics.

I hope this helps!