1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List of tourist places in Kerala

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by RahulLal, Apr 30, 2017.

1. RahulLal

RahulLal New Member

I am new on the forum, and my reason for joining this forum is to get a list of tourist places in Kerala. I am going to be in Kerala soon for a holiday with my partner, as we both would like to know what places we should visit.

I would like the list to be put in priority the top being the most important tourist places to visit.

2. Deven

Deven Member

Hi RahulLal,

Please find below a list of the top tourist places to visit in Kerala in priority order.

1. Alleppey - This is the top most place to visit in Kerala. Tourists visit Alleppey for the backwaters and houseboats.

2. Munnar - Munnar is a very popular hill station and a famous visiting place in Kerala. It is full of tea plantations, beautiful hills, and scenery.

3. Kumarakom - Kumarakom is a destination which is diverse from the rest and will provide you with everything, from the beautiful scenic views, backwaters, a place for authentic food and houseboat stays.

4. Kovalam - Kovalam has been stated as being one of the best beaches in Kerala. Water sports are conducted here as well as massages and Ayurvedic treatments.

5. Wayanad - If it is greenery you want then Wayanad is a place where greenery is all that you will see. Here you can see the Kerala culture and tribal heritage.

6. Thekkady - An ideal place to see nature with the lush filled forest and a number of different animals. There is also a famous trekking path which many tourists try out.

7. Bekal - The reason Bekal is for the fort there. The fort is located by the sea, and when visiting the fort you can be assured to have a wonderful experience. Bekal also happens to be one of the top three honeymoon destinations.

There are other threads on the forum which would provide you more details about the tourist places in Kerala.

Places to visit in Kerala

Must visit places in Kerala