1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Luxury Trains

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by paudu, Jan 21, 2016.

1. paudu

paudu Member

We're going to be in Delhi, and I thought we might do weekend trips out to Agra and Jaipur by train. After reading a bit about the trains there, the high incidence of theft keeps coming up. That makes me nervous.

I did see mention of something called luxury trains. What are those and how are they different from the regular train system?

2. Kira

Kira Guest

I don't know how they differ but they sure do look wonderful. I researched the Maharajas' Express and found it to be very nice indeed. I would think if you kept all your valuables on your person, then theft would be unlikely.

3. Theodore Rainford

Theodore Rainford New Member

These luxury trains consist of lavishly decorated cars which, boasts large, comfortable dining areas, bar, lounge and the availability of Lcd television. Its is evident that providers have gone to great lengths to enable your trip to be most enjoyable.
    I don't believe you will encounter many incidences of theft on these trains. However, precaution is key in most places you may travel to around the world.

4. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I would love the problems in the ME to die down so something like the Orient Express could take a tourist from Western Europe all the way to China in the lap of luxury. There are some close contenders, but they are heavily split up, and nothing as nice as what once existed.

5. Chanterelle

Chanterelle New Member

I agree with Kira, the Maharaja Express looks and sounds amazing, and a great way to see lots of different things in India without having to pack and unpack in hotels. I also see there is a famous tourist train called the Palace on Wheels. I am not sure how they compare, but the Maharaja looks better somehow.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Does anyone on the thread know what kind of prices your going to be looking st to book one of these as opposed to the regular trains that people normally use?

They do look pretty special but was just wondering if the price was special.aswell, or if anybody had used one of these in the past and if they got value for money, even though it might have seemed expensive.

7. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Have you checked their sites? Official Website of the Palace on Wheels Palace Tours for tickets of luxury trains online.

Looks like anywhere between $6,000 and $4,000.