1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maldives visa for Indians

Discussion in 'Maldives' started by ChaiNashta, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

Hello,

I am planning a short holiday trip to Maldives having read some good reviews even though it will turn out to be a lot more costly than going to Goa again. My query is about visa for Maldives as an India. I would like to know what are the requirements/criteria and do people get refused as well?

Thanks in advance.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there.:)

Tourist visa is granted for all nationalities on arrival at Maldives. This means, you won't need to arrive for a visa prior to arriving in Maldives. The tourist visa has a minimum of 30 days validity, counting the day of your arrival on Maldives. You can get this visa extended, if there's a need for that as well.

Here are the requirements you will need to apply for the visa on arrival at Maldives:
    • Your passport with at least 6 months validity.
    • A recent passport-sized photograph, 35 mm in width and 44 mm in length. The photo should be clear and you should not be wearing any headgear.
    • A proof of reservation of hotel in Maldives.
    • A valid return ticket to your country.
    • A proof of capacity to pay for the journey like bank statements.
    On your arrival at Maldives, you would be given a form that you need to fill out completely. Along with the requirements mentioned above, you would need to submit this form to the personnel at the airport. That's it really, you don't need to pay any fees to obtain your visa on arrival for Maldives.

In case you would like to extend your stay in the country, you would need to fill out another form and submit it to the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Maldives. Your visa can then be extended up to 90 days, to the discretion of the Department of Immigration and Emigration. If you have a resort to stay in and enough funds, then your extension application can be granted. For references, funds should be at $50 to $100 per day for Maldives.

Here are some information about the the Embassy of Maldives in India:
    • Address: B-2, Anand Niketan, New Delhi, Delhi 11002.
    • Contact number: +91 11 4143 5701.
    I hope this helps.