1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosquitoes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Daira, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Daira

Daira New Member

Are mosquitoes a problem everywhere and all year long? Do the local municipalities do anything to try to combat them, like spraying? I hate mosquitoes (who doesn't?), but I'm not going to let them interfere with my trip.

2. Delilah

Delilah New Member

I would love to know as well because I really don't know why, but mosquitoes always choose to bite me and only me. This happens even when I am out with other people. It must be something to do with my blood type :D

3. Aidan

Aidan New Member

I think your best bet is to always have some sort f mosquito or bug repellent; especially if you are planning to go on a trekking tour.

4. Barbiebarbie73

Barbiebarbie73 New Member

From my very limitd knowledge of mosquitoes and their habits I believe that they are not present during very hot weather. Keep a mosquito net with you and there is this excellent cream called mospel. Apply it before leaving the house

5. rz3300

rz3300 Member

When I traveled there about a year ago the mosquitoes were not a problem at all for us, and I really did not even hear much about it being a problem elsewhere. It did get mentioned, though, when we were reading up on the trip so maybe we just got lucky or the area we were in was just not particularly affected by the bugs. The weather was also very nice so maybe that had something to do with it. I would just say to do your research and find out as much as you can about the area that you will be staying at.

6. Daira

Daira New Member

I am the exact same way!! I have to wear long sleeves in the evening in the summer to be outside and my husband will sit around in a tank top looking at me like I'm crazy. I feel like a walking mosquito snack!

7. grace

grace New Member

Mosquitoes are usually prevalent in really wet weather. If mosquitoes in India are anything like the ones here, they seem to come out after it rains or when you are near a body of calm water.

8. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

Mosquitoes in India are found only in rainy season. Use mosquitoes relevant spray in order to protect yourself from mosquitoes.

9. AlapanB

AlapanB Member

In my experience, mosquitoes are an ever-present entity in India. They are more prevalent in humid weather conditions and less in the winters, but they're there. Except maybe in the mountainous areas where the climate is unsuitable for their breeding. You should always use a mosquito net while sleeping at night, and preferably use an insect repellant at the dusk and evening hours, because that is the time when these critters are on the prowl.