1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice - Planning A Trip To North Or North East

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Chaitanya, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Chaitanya

Chaitanya New Member

Hi All,

I along with my wife and 2.5 yr old daughter are planning to go on a trip to either Kashmir/ Himachal Pradesh or North-east during March end (March 24-28).
    We might have to avoid less-oxygen or adventurous treks since we will be going with our daughter but are very much interested in experiencing scenic places/ snow etc.
    We have already been to places with coffee and tea plantations (Coorg/ chicmagalur) in Karnataka and are looking for something different this time.

Can anyone help us with some suggestions as to which would be the best place to visit considering the above constraints.

Thanks in advance.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Two places come to my mind especially taking into consideration that you would rather have a more relaxed holiday and those are Kohima and Shillong. Getting to and from can be a little tricky depending upon your point or origin but I believe both Shillong and Kohima are a good choice. I did not include anything in Himachal as they dont let you go to Rohtang pass any more because of the restriction on number of vehicles that can go there every day besides Manali and other popular destinations being a bit crowded aswell.