1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to eat on NH1

Discussion in 'North India' started by Preet, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Preet

Preet New Member

I have been on the NH1 many times and to be honest it is the best highway to travel on simply because of the vast variety of food available from the restaurants and dhabas. With the highway leading to many destinations, the number of restaurants and dhabas have increased and the oldest dhabas still remain and not to mention are the best in taste too.
    Here is my small guide for the best places to eat on NH1.

Gulshan Da Dhaba
    First on the list is Gulshan Da Dhaba, which serves the most amazing dal and mixed sabji which is available after the breakfast hours. The roti which is served with the dishes is a tandoori roti covered in yellow butter which makes the roti soft and tasty. After having a meal at Gulshan's is important have a cup of tea or should I say a glass of tea, the taste of the tea is something that cannot be made at home, I don't know what they put in it, but it helps you digest your food and makes you feel relaxed.

Sukhdev
    Sukhdev dhaba is the most famous dhaba on NH1, and whenever you go past the place at any hour of the day the place will be filled with customers, which you can tell by the car park is full. Sukhdev dhaba serves the best pranthas which are tandoori paranthas. The sound of tandoori parantha may not sound good but with the good amount of butter put on, it makes it's delightful, they serve packed curd and achaar with their paranthas.
    Another good dish of Sukhdev's is the dal makhani, which should not be missed.
    This is one dhaba on NH1 which serves the most variety of food, from chaats, jelelbi's, Chinese to Indian meals.

Zamidara da Dhaba
    Zamidara da Dhaba is located between Ludhiana and Doraha, and again this dhaba is a place where you must stop at to have their dal makhani and shahi paneer. The dhaba offers free lassi with their meals which is another of their specialty items.

Haveli (Jalandhar and Murthal)
    Haveli is located in Jalandhar on NH1 and their newest branch was opened in Murthal. You would see a lot of Haveli outlets on the NH1, but the original one is the one which has the large H sign, something similar to the 'M' McDonalds sign.
    When visiting Haveli the best dish to go for is their thali, which provides a portion of dal, sabji, shahi paneer, rice, dahi bhalla,gulab jamun, roti and salad (in winters saag is also served in the thali).

BadBoy likes this.

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

I saw a video of someone eating parathas at a Murthal Dhaba and it looked very similar to the one I usually have in Haridwar.. Has anyone eaten parathas at Haridwar near Har ki paudi?

Sent from my Tapatalk 2

3. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Yes I have and trust me there is no comparison. Murthal beats Haridwar by miles and miles. You would have to go there once to see for yourself. Also dont forget to have their dal makhani. Almost all the dhabas at Murthal have similar quality when it comes to paranthas and dal etc. I am also a big fan of their tea which has a very different taste to it, probably the hours of simmering brings out that taste but I am not sure.

BadBoy likes this.
  4. Prits

Prits Member

Nothing beats the traditional dhabas, but if you want something else then there is a new food court which has opened just a little further along Haveli. There is a Haldiram there, KFC, Subway and a few other outlets.

BadBoy likes this.
  5. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

My mouth is watering.. I am foodjunky whenever my friends make a murthal trip I won't miss it.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

6. Nisha

Nisha New Member

Hi,
    There ara many places where you can eat on NH1. There are many Dhabas like-

Amrik Sukhdev Dhaba/Gulshan ka Dhaba/Pahalwan Dhaba at Murthal
    Haveli at Karnal
    Mayur Dhaba at Karnal
    Puran Singh ka Mashoor Vishal Dhaba at Ambala
    Zimidara Dhaba at Sahnewal/Ludhiana
    Lucky Dhaba at Jalandhar
    Haveli at Jalandhar

Chahal likes this.
  7. RajaApull

RajaApull New Member

I recommend eating AT traditional Dhabas. If you ever want something new, you should get Haldiram, subway, McDonald, KFC, etc. I prefer all of those on nh1. Enjoy choosing!

8. Preet

Preet New Member

Anther place I would like to add to my list is:

Choki Dhani
    That's right it is the same Chokhi Dhani from Jaipur, just like Haveli they have also opened up a branch on NH1. You can stop over at the place for some food or if you want an outing or have a couple of hours to spare you can spend some time there, as Chokhi Dhani on NH1 is more like a resort where you can enjoy entertainment and activities with your family.

ticket-details.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2018