1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to visit in Karnataka

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by Prerna, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Prerna

Prerna New Member

Whenever I have been on holiday, I always end up going to the least interesting places and miss out on the main places to visit. So this time I have thought that I would get some advice from those who know more about the destination so that I don't miss out on the places to visit.

In June I will be going to Karnataka, and I would like to know what places to visit in Karnataka.

I am particularly interested in visiting historical places and nature.

2. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Karnataka is a huge State and not knowing your interests it is difficult to suggest any particular sights for you to experience. If you are interested in wildlife Coorg is the place. Mangalore, Malpe and Udupi will have many beaches for you. Udupi also has a great temple the Krishna Temple which is not just for devotees but it has been a tourist attraction.
    Malpe has a beach resort worth exploring. Then there are the Jog Falls in Shimoga that are worth seeing specially in the rains.
    Bangalore is a place where you will get to shop a plenty. It also has a few historical places. The Brindavan Gardens in Mysore nobody misses specially a late evening outing when the gardens are fully lit with colourful fountains making their presence felt.

3. Abinaya Kannan

Abinaya Kannan New Member

Karnataka is known for its lush coffee and spice plantations. It has many picturesque tourist places that are worth visiting. If you are interested in adventure and nature you can visit Coorg. There are many good hotels in Coorg where you can stay at modest rates. If you are a history lover, you should definitely visit Hampi. If you are a beach bum, do explore Gokarna. If you are a party goer, then Bangalore suits you right. If you are into hill station, you will definitely enjoy Chikmagalur.