1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places To Visit In Manali

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by SubuMurthi, Feb 26, 2016.

1. SubuMurthi

SubuMurthi New Member

I am from South India and will be in Chandigarh for some business purposes, along with me I will bring my wife and son. As Manali is not so far away we want to spend some good quality time with the family after the business work has finished. I have not been to North India before and need some help with forum members suggesting the places to visit in Manali.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's a list of the best places to visit in Manali:

Temples

• Hadimba Temple. This is a temple dedicated to Hidimbi Devi. The Dhungri Van Vihar Forest is located around the temple.
    • Maa Sharvari Temple. This is dedicated to the Goddess Durga and is located above the Shaminallah Village.
    • Basheshwar Mahadev Temple. This is located in the small village of Bajura and this is dedicated to the Lord Shiva.
    • Bijli Mahadev Temple. Another temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, it has a 60 feet lightning rod which is struck by lightning every year.
    • Gauri Shankar Temple. This is a 12th Century temple located in the left bank of Kullu Manali highway.
    Springs
    • Kalath Hot Water Springs. This is about 6 kms away from the town proper of Manali. It has natural sulphurous water originating from the Earth. You can hire a private bathroom for your family.
    • Vashist Hot Water Springs. About 5 kms from Manali, you'll find the Vashist Hot Water Springs. There are also two temples just around the springs you can find.
    Waterfalls
    • Jogini Waterfalls. This is about two kms away from the Vashist Hot Water Springs. The trek to reach the falls can be challenging but very much worth it.
    • Rahala Waterfalls. This is located about 2,500 metres above sea level and about 16 kms away from Manali.
    • Rozy Waterfalls. Another great waterfall with amazing views of the hills in it.
    Others
    • Solang Valley. This is also known as Snow Point and various snow activities are done here. It's about 2,560 metres above sea level.
    • Beas River. A great location for rafting as the flow of the river is very fast. It's not suitable for swimming though.
    • The Manali Gompa. Pilgrims from all over the world visit the Manali Gompa. It has a large statue of Buddha and has many paintings inside it as well.
    • Rohtang Pass. The highest point in the Kullu Manali highway. It provides great panoramic views of the mountains. The Beas Kund, where the river originates from, is also here.
    I hope this helps!