1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to visit in Meghalaya

Discussion in 'Meghalaya' started by PopD, Sep 11, 2016.

1. PopD

PopD New Member

In December I will be in Meghalaya with my cousins for one week. So far we have the travel and hotel booked. Now we need to create an itinerary, but for that, we need to know what places to visit in Meghalaya.
    We don't know what places are safe to visit and are worth visiting, so I thought it would be good to get some expert or experienced advice.
    Putting everyone's different interests into consideration, I would like to get a mixed type of places to visit. That's if there are a variety of different places to visit.

2. Nexplore

Nexplore New Member

Hi,

I am attaching a sample itinerary for your tour.

Day 1. Arrival at Guwahati. Visit Kamakhyadevi temple, Umananda temple and in the evening Brahmaputra River Cruise.
    Day 2. Start journey towards Shillong. Local visit in Shillong. O/N stay at Shillong.
    Day 3. Visit Mawphlang sacred forest in the morning after that visit Mawsmai Cave, Nohkalikai falls, 7 sister falls, Eco park, Dainthlen falls etc. O/N at Cherrapunji.
    Day 4. Trekking in double decker root bridge which takes almost one day. O/N at Cherrapunji.
    Day 5. Visit Dawki and Mawlynnong Village. O/N at Shillong.
    Day 6. Return journey to Guwahati airport.

If you have one more day, you can visit Kaziranga National Park which is located in Assam.

3. vkar

vkar Member

You should visit Guwahati if you have the time since you will anyway go over the city. Anyway, speaking only about Meghalaya, Shillong is a must visit (it has waterfalls, lakes, pristine woods and more). Cherrapunji is the next place that comes to my mind. The limestone caves nearby Cherrapunji are another great attraction. Mawlynnong has become very popular attraction in the last few years after it got featured as Asia’s cleanest village. It is not too far from Shillong and is definitely a pretty place to spend some time.